Honored Contributor

Re: baltimore and maryland area flooding 5/27/18

i had a little hope, but unfortunately, more sad news......

Body Of Missing Md. Veteran Eddison Hermond Found

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/05/29/eddison-hermond-missing-ellicott-city/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Sunshine,

From  his photo and the words spoken about him, Eddison Hermond looked to be a wonderful man.  I'm very sorry to hear this news.

God rest his soul!

Honored Contributor

When I was a teenager I lived in an area where it flooded all of the time.

I mean really flooded as in people were in row boats in the streets and yards.

My sister (whom I lived with along with her 4 children) had to swim to get up to our apartment (it was on the 4th floor of garden apartments).  She was lucky she wasn't electrocuted.

I mention this because I know first hand how devastating this can be.  People can see the pictures and the TV reporters can TRY to show the devastating and convey the anguish but it is impossible to do ...... unless you are in the middle of it and felt it.

Like in Maryland we were told over and over the problem had been 'fixed' but it wasn't.  Finally, years later, I read where a lot of money was put into the problem and it is FINALLY fixed (no more flooding).

I keep hearing people say they are NOT coming back!  I don't blame them.  The problem is that their property values have now taken a major hit.  It makes it hard to know what to do to not loose everything.

I don't envy them.  I pray GOD will give them the strength they'll need (once again) to recharge their life and get it going, yet again.  Annabelle

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 I was stunned to see the local news on Sunday showing Ellicott City. Glad you are safe. So tragic about the Army National Guardsman who died saving a woman.  And this same exact thing happened 2 years ago. 

(Hopefully it puts into perspective all the complaints about how rainy it has been for some areas)