Honored Contributor

baltimore and maryland area flooding 5/27/18

LOTS of rain has been falling in the baltimore and  other parts of maryland areas today. lots of roads washed out, parts of the 695 beltway is washed out.  there is horrible flooding in ellicott city (6-7 inches of rain reported in a short period of time). a state of emergency has been declared in ellicott city. will post the news video of what is going on there. it happened two years ago also......and now may be even worse.

it is pouring rain in the delaware beach area also and some of the smaller roads are under water.

hope everyone who is experiencing bad weather is safe and sound.

https://wtop.com/weather-news/2018/05/flash-flood-emergency-issued-ellicott-city/slide/2/

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/05/27/flash-flood-emergency-issued-for-ellicott-city-howard-co/

https://cbsbaltimore.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/ec-flood.png

https://cbslocal-uploads.storage.googleapis.com/anv-pvw/B6C/02A/B6C02AF6F11044ECBEC5C3DEBD938992_3.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: baltimore and maryland area flooding 5/27/18

@sunshine45 Do you live in that area?  I live in Northern Va and haven't seen anything around here about flooding.

I heard a lot of rain late last night and some today.  I hope you and your family are doing OK.  Annabelle

Valued Contributor

Thank you Sunshine45 !!  I had no idea how bad it was so close to me ...  I will catch up with the local news at 11:00 ...  I am close to Annapolis and we had one small shower ...

Respected Contributor

I saw that video on tonight's national news.  Horrible and seemingly unstoppable.  That same area was hit before.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

This has been on the Weather Channel for a few hours. We got home from dinner and saw what was happening. Terrible.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

WOW-you and your family stay safe!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@sunshine45 Do you live in that area?  I live in Northern Va and haven't seen anything around here about flooding.

I heard a lot of rain late last night and some today.  I hope you and your family are doing OK.  Annabelle

@Annabellethecat66

yes. i do live in the baltmore area. thanks for the concern @Annabellethecat66 and everyone.

we are all fine.......lots of water, but our area is not too bad. facebook has also initiated a "safe" page for people who live in our are in case anyone wants to check on friends and family.

The Flooding in the Greater Baltimore Area, Maryland, USA

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Governor Larry Hogan has declared a State of Emergency for the widespread flooding reported throughout the Greater Baltimore Area. Businesses and residents in the Clipper Mill area are being evacuated due to Jones Falls overflowing.

The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a flash flood emergency for locations along the Patapsco River in Baltimore, Anne Arundel, and Howard counties. Residents in the area are advised to seek higher ground or move to higher floors of buildings. Several streets have been blocked due to floodwaters.

Main Street in historic downtown Ellicott City has been inundated. Government sources are reporting building collapses and gas leaks in the area. Video from the scene shows rushing water several feet high. Swift water rescue teams have made multiple rescues in the area. A partial roof collapse was also reported at a nursing home in Catonsville.

Flooding is also reportedly blocking roads in the area near US-1 and Ridgelys Choice Dr in Nottingham. The NWS flash flood warning remains in place for the entire Baltimore region due to thunderstorms producing heavy rain. Continue to use caution and heed local warnings as severe weather persists in the area.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

I am sending out thoughts for you and all who are suffering from all of this water. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

We used to own in Dewey and Lewes Beach---bay side of canal.  And the road always flooded coming over the bridge.

Our Dewey home was ocean block, but the houses on the bay side used to flood during full moons alone

And I believe there's a full moon hiding behind all those rain clouds.  Ugh, what a mess. 

I see Baltimore will have sunny weather the next few days, only the chance of thunderstorms.  Hopefully, it won't get any worse and everyone will be safe---no matter what.