Honored Contributor

Re: bad news favored over good?

I read this wonderful news in the newspaper and am thrilled to hear it.  It truly gives hope that those who suffer with this dreaded disease may see light at the end of the tunnel.  I hope and pray cancer is cured, that will be a headline we all can be thrilled, happy and excited about!

God bless Alex Trabeck and his doctors.

Honored Contributor

So happy to read that the treatment is working.  I'll take good news over bad any day.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

When Alex Trabek went public with his pancreatic cancer diagnosis, people couldn't post sympathy and thoughts and prayers (and some criticism) fast enough.

But when he gave the good news a couple of days ago that he is "in near remission," not a peep here.  Not that I've seen anyway.

Maybe I missed it.

@esmereldamy friend not sure your intent here as you could have posted the positive good news yourself but I am thinking most folks (to be honest myself included) are hoping for the very best results for Alex but if you have been involved with cancer diagnosis you realize results can be iffy especially when you are dealing with something like pancreatic cancer.  

I think tt is safe to say everyone wishes the very best for Alex Trebek and hopes that his treatment continues to be successful in shrinking and eliminating his tumor.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda 

I was not aware of the  good news. Beating the odds with this type of cancer is very rare indeed. It has to give every caring adult a happy feeling to hear/read such good news. May his remission last the rest of his time.

As far as "bad news" verses "good news"?  Media focuses very little time and/or space for the good, it is not as profitable for them as the 95% they spend on the bad type. How often do you hear about all the good deeds that happen in comparison to the bad and sad?

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Sigh,  Ok I have had it with media focusing on a given issue as it is clear a given media outlet focuses on what is in their best interests.

Here is what is wrong.  A child should not be given a walker built by Home Depot to help him be mobile for lack of insurance.  That is what insurance used to pay for back in the day.  So many of the jobs being created do not cover this type of situation and I find it more than sad that Home Depot/local residents have to pick up the slack as I am sure the insurance company executives don't have a clue as to what life is like for everyday people.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw Alex's wonderful/hopeful prognosis news -- in the news media.  All this current age's news media bashing takes away from the real issues, in my opinion, and gets stale real quick.

I read the OP's post as to the lack of discussion here in the forum based on her phrase, "not a peep here."  

I agree with the poster who said, everything doesn't have to be posted in social media -- good or bad.  The adage -- if it isn't posted it hasn't happened, is patently incorrect, and disturbing.  

Honored Contributor

I didn't know the latest with AT.  Good to know he's doing well.

I am also sick of hearing the whining about how everything is the media's fault.  Bollocks.

SIck of it, sick of it, sick of it.

Honored Contributor

Is there now treatment for pancreatic cancer? It pretty much was a death sentence. Now I'm hearing more and more people surviving. My FIL died quickly of pancreatic cancer back in 1987. There wasn't any treatment then. I'm glad they are finding something that is eradicating this disease. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I have no idea why more hasn't been said, but he's been in my thoughts. Perhaps because the overwhelming Jeopardy news has been a month or longer winning streak.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am an avid Jeopardy fan and yes i heard the wonderful news.  Not sure what OP wanted us to say.  But i would think that most of us only post a minuscule amount of the thoughts that we have.