Honored Contributor

Re: average age of community forums poster?

I'm 59.  I've been participating here for years.  I don't remember exactly when I started posting.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Catwhisperer - I hope your husband is just gently joshing you.  Otherwise I'd feel like punching him in the tummy!  ha!  Smiley Happy

I don't know how I'm holding up now, at 60, but the last time I had to show ID to buy a 12-pack of beer I was 42.   She genuinely thought I was too young and was so apologetic after I showed it to her (before that she was kind of rude).

Anyway, I still don't have wrinnkles so that's good.   I would attribute that to using aloe vera gel on my face for the past 30 years.  I just have a little white hair around the temples.   I wish everything were doing as well as my skin.  hehe

Respected Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

I would think there would be very few poster 70+.  There seems to be quite a variety of ages represented, it just depends on what forum you happen to read.  So trying to figure out the "average" age is almost impossible.  And if you ask the question, only a handful of people will respond with their age so you can't go by that either.

Just curious, why would you think there aren't many posters over 70?  I'm over 70 and I feel like I'm way ahead of some of these younger posters.  I am computer literate, well informed on current events, work part-time, volunteer, etc., etc.

Honored Contributor

Throw me into the mix.  I am 77!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

One of the things I've always appreciated about posting on boards is that extraneous things don't get in the way.  I can take people for who they present them to be, through their words and feelings, not how they look or how old they are or any of that.

BTW, I DO consider getting to know people online as a part of my 'real life'.  I never just thought it was a 'thing' like some people do and it didn't matter how I present myself or what I say.   I could not respect myself if I acted like that.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Catwhisperer wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

Catwhisperer - I hope your husband is just gently joshing you.  Otherwise I'd feel like punching him in the tummy!  ha!  Smiley Happy

I don't know how I'm holding up now, at 60, but the last time I had to show ID to buy a 12-pack of beer I was 42.   She genuinely thought I was too young and was so apologetic after I showed it to her (before that she was kind of rude).

Anyway, I still don't have wrinnkles so that's good.   I would attribute that to using aloe vera gel on my face for the past 30 years.  I just have a little white hair around the temples.   I wish everything were doing as well as my skin.  hehe

@chickenbutt...yes, he is just teasing. Good for you for using something healthy and natural on your skin! I'm so glad it has worked well for you over the years! I don't have any wrinkles either, however I do color my hair every couple months.

I dye mine sometimes too.  I have super long and mega-thick hair so it's really difficult for me now.  But it's not so much the white hair that bothers me (that really doesn't), but the rest of the hair has turned this kind of strange, slightly darker than before, non-color.  I cannot describe it.  But I like to put a Garnier Nutrisse #63 on it and it brings out some more appealing hue and highlights.

I haven't dyed it lately, due to some physical challenges, but I keep thinking I want to.  I wish I could just keep the nicer looking color I had before and let the white come out.  I like white hair!

Trusted Contributor

Mid 50's here.

Trusted Contributor

62 here.  My mom is 79.  She got me hooked about 20 years ago.  She still calls me if she thinks they are showing something I need.