Honored Contributor

Re: average age of community forums poster?

Christmas Eve will put me at 54 yrs.  Ready for some sr. discounts soon.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

I am in my late 50's. I only started coming online a alot more when I could no longer work since my spine issues.. IF I still  worked I wouldn't be online near as much. I'd be out running around doing things. (seriously).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I'm 54 and I generally assume that most (not all, but most)folks on this board are about my age or older. Frankly, I really like the fact that I can talk to other women who are a little bit older than me. I have much to learn--and I appreciate any wisdom being offered by those a few years older than myself.

Esteemed Contributor

I am 45 but I have posted with girls in their 20's all the way up to their 80's. I like the mix of all, it gives you a nice perspective from all ages and generations.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Recently became a proud member of the Supplemental Medicare Insurance club - 65 yrs young!

I think the average age of the posters here is 55 yrs young, coming & going......

I'll be joining in November.

My guess for the average age would be 50-something.  I'm often surprised when posters state their age.

Respected Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

I would think there would be very few poster 70+.  There seems to be quite a variety of ages represented, it just depends on what forum you happen to read.  So trying to figure out the "average" age is almost impossible.  And if you ask the question, only a handful of people will respond with their age so you can't go by that either.

Just curious, why would you think there aren't many posters over 70?  I'm over 70 and I feel like I'm way ahead of some of these younger posters.  I am computer literate, well informed on current events, work part-time, volunteer, etc., etc.

I supposed I should have phrased that to say I didn't think the average age was 70 as another poster had suggested. 

Regular Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I'm (only) thinking that teens wouldn't be posting here, unless they didn't have much to do during Summer vacations.  They probably wouldn't believe all of our past experiences, the way life was years ago, anyway.  Just our favorite retro TV programs (no s*x, crime, explicit violence) would probably 'turn them off'. Lol.

@ROMARY My son is 17 and loves the tv shows: Twilight Zone, Mission Impossible, The Honeymooners, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Man from U.N.C.L.E. etc. He must have got that from me! When I was little I watched The Untouchables reruns with my grandparents as well as The Three Stooges among other shows...

Trusted Contributor

i'm 68.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

In about a month and half I'll be 61.  Now, here's where it gets weird - After all this time I STILL cannot relate to being 60.  Yikes - then I'll be IN my 60s.  I don't know why this has been so weird for me but it just is.  

It just feels like I'm having a dream about somebody else.  I cannot see myself being 60.  Maybe it's because I never thought I would live this long or maybe it's just because, despite the things my body is doing to me, there is still a much younger girl inside my head.  Smiley Happy

I'm surprised, and I don't know why, that there are so many posters here who are quite a bit older than I.  I love how people can be so young, despite their chrono age.  I think that's great.

I know what you mean . I have been retired 8 years and still can't get it through my head that I don't have to go to work tomorrow. I am 66 and I still feel like I am middle aged. To me - old is 86 + maybe because I live in Florida.

Honored Contributor

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

Recently became a proud member of the Supplemental Medicare Insurance club - 65 yrs young!

I think the average age of the posters here is 55 yrs young, coming & going......

I'll be joining in November.

My guess for the average age would be 50-something.  I'm often surprised when posters state their age.

Move over; I'll be joining both of you in December.

I agree about the average age of our posters.