Regular Contributor

It must have been a wild weekend for the qvc censors or the "party poofers" Smiley Happy I have noticed that there are QUITE a few comments have been posted about Jane,Albany, Kerstin, among others that were not immediately "moved" into the dungeon where you lock Courtney,Gabrielle and other neglected hosts only allow them to broadcast in exchange for food . Also it helps to avoid the police and end up on a milk carton as a missing person. LOL...Gives new meaning to a "Remote Location". Ok...I digress....

I know the "moderators" have a job to do and to stop "attacks"...We have a difference of opinion though sometimes what is a good natured response to a post, especially with the *cough cough* antics of certain hosts... There are times to where comments do go over the line..I have read a couple of posts of my own and admit that they shoud be poofed or I write something that then I don't post it. Alot of times as I am writing, the original poster is poofed anyways...

HOWEVER......when a TRUE event or subject happens and a post/comment is made and is immediately poofed...that gets me. Example...David's faces or dances...Some people like it, I personally don't. NOBODY IS RIGHT OR WRONG....But we should be allowed to comment either way. BUT THE ORIGINAL ONE WAS POOFED RIGHT AWAY! Just thought I would get that out there while eating my lucky charms and watching SNOW fall in Mid APRIL...

Honored Contributor

Actually, I'd prefer that they allow zero comments about the hosts.  I can't recall many (if any) posts pertaining to hosts that end well.

Regular Contributor

Sometimes the posts are poofed when it does not have anything to do with hosts. However, when a post is made about trying to actually learn about the product on air because researching it other ways does not work and instead they get dancing or a travel log about Disney, comment are posted in response then POOFED. There have been reviews of products or services that were honest, just not positive that "disappear" too.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Aaaaaand reposting of a poofed thread, is a sure fire way to get the new thread poofed.

Honored Contributor

Why anyone would even want to "attack " a host is beyond me. Having an opinion and saying "I don't like the happy dance" sounds ok, but the attacks are usually quite vicious. 

That's  just me me and my opinion. I like most of the hosts.

Respected Contributor

@fuzzball76 it's usually more than a simple "opinion" stated nicely. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Honored Contributor

I believe the moderators have a tough job on this forum.  They have to decide the difference between constructive discussions, differing observations and opinions, versus the totally unnecessary bashing & ugly trash talking.  Some are quite proud of posting the latter, they tend to post only those incendiary posts to try to make themselves stand out.  Those are the posts that I feel should indeed be poofed.  Do the moderators get it right (on both sides) 100% of the time? No.  But I'm one who is certainly glad they do what they do.

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi wrote:

(removed because original post was deleted)

The poofers were out in large numbers this weekend.

As were the ones that caused the need for poofing. 

As Albert Einstein said, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."  If posters haven't learned in the 11 months since the change that disparaging hosts, vendors and other posters is not going to be tolerated then...

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I believe the moderators have a tough job on this forum.  They have to decide the difference between constructive discussions, differing observations and opinions, versus the totally unnecessary bashing & ugly trash talking.  Some are quite proud of posting the latter, they tend to post only those incendiary posts to try to make themselves stand out.  Those are the posts that I feel should indeed be poofed.  Do the moderators get it right (on both sides) 100% of the time? No.  But I'm one who is certainly glad they do what they do.

And those are the ones that whine and cry that they "can't have their opinion".

*rolls eyes*