Valued Contributor

This machine is the Q2 special  If you have had it will you comment  Im sceptical because we havent seen them for 4 years

Trusted Contributor
I’m also looking at it. Watching for replies.
Honored Contributor

@mollymaggie  @mollymaggie 

It doesn’t remove fluoride so it is worthless to me. 

Honored Contributor

Re: aquasana water machine

[ Edited ]

@mollymaggie I haven't heard of that one but I have been using a Waterlogic for several years.  It has a UV purifer in addition to the filter.  Filter and UV last a year but since I am the only one using it I can get nearly 2 years.  It has a 3 step filtration that others do not have.  Their customer service is great also.  Do a search and check it out.

This is a statement from the company in answer to a question online about the Waterlogic filtration system:

Our 3 stage system filters, purifies and protects.
First, we use the highest quality active carbon filter. This absorbs chlorine, microbes and other contaminants but leaving bemeficial minerals.
Then a unique double-helix UV array purifies the water all the way through to the nozzle. Even the smallest, toughest bacteria are destroyed, making it 99.9999% pure.
Finally, Biocote® protection is applied to the nozzle area, further reducing the chance of water contamination.
All of this happens in an instant, so the water you drink is freshly purified every time. see less

Valued Contributor

You are so nice to take the time to answer my question

Trusted Contributor

I had one a couple of years ago.  It was HUGE and noisy.  (When you dispense water, the pump comes on and it's loud.)   I would not buy another one, though this model may have improvements it still looks really big. 

Respected Contributor

I also had this system from Q some years ago, maybe five years and returned  TWO as the seal would leak. Water all over tbe counter. Defective and Q totally  stopped selling tbe product or the filters. Gone from inventory for years.

It is faster than a Britta  type but noisy as mentioned. I donated the last one as was afraid of leaking again. I had the instruction book and  it was like new. I use PUR and Britta, slow ,but easy to buy replacement filters. If you have alot of iron , my problem ,not effective. I have a Water Softner and iron filter for that issue.

I would read reviews on this item as if they have improved the system or not? Personally ,I would not repurchase as a hassle  if those seals still have leaking issues to pack up and return if defective.

Contributor

I bought one in black on the QVC2 special. I was beyond excited to get it but upon putting it together I noticed the dispenser did not fit snuggly into the bottom of it. There was no "click" and it was very sloppy and I thought oh no. So I started to follow the directions of priming the pump first and it did nothing but leak all over the counter. I tried several times to try and get the dispenser to fit in better but it did not. I had to package it up and send it back. I can't even leave a bad review because it's not even on the website. How can something like this even be sold or get past the company's QA? I watched several of the presentations and Rick would always put the dispenser in no problem and it would click and looked pretty solid. I'm so disappointed as I REALLY wanted to have it on my counter. It was beautiful in black.