Super Contributor

anyone notice a lot of spam now that u entered the London contest?

ever since I entered within the last week--I am getting many adds {spam}that I do not want--is it connected bc I entered the contest and my e mail was sent out 2 these companies?--I thought I knew that QVC dosen't give out anyone's e mail to any company--this I thought was true--is it a coincidence!??--I'm thinking no it's not a coincidence....

Valued Contributor

Re: anyone notice a lot of spam now that u entered the London contest?

Yes, and I never clicked a thing, especially quicken loans. They do this on purpose.

Esteemed Contributor

As a potential consumer your info is being sold and re-sold around the globe. Timing can be coincidental.

If Q said they don't share email info, they don't.

It's simple enough to take seconds put a filter on your email to filter out ANY new source of unwanted ads.

Honored Contributor

Yup, this is the way it works.   It is also why I don't enter contests.

Valued Contributor

A couple of decades ago, I entered a contest at the mall, to win an Suv.

Next thing we know, our long distance service was changed to MCI.

(remember them?)

In the small print, it mentioned doing that.

And I didn't win the SUV.   lol

Respected Contributor

I really don’t think that your information is safe on any site you visit. I visit Pinterest on a regular basis and sometimes when I click onto something to look at, it redirects me to a site that doesn’t have anything to do with what it said before clicking. Then I get all kinds of spam.......! 😱 I look at it this way if one is worried about someone getting your information don’t go on the internet because nothing is 100% safe even with an anti-virus protection. It’s very sad.
Honored Contributor

nope

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I do not enter contests, do surveys or click unfamiliar links.  When needing to put in an email address, I use my junk email or even make one up if I’m uncertain. 

Respected Contributor

I entered the sweepstakes on day 1 and have not had an increase in spam, etc.

Honored Contributor

I have no increase in spam emails since I entered once a couple of days ago, but my call blocker on my phone has been working in overdrive ever since!

Much more than previously!

I know QVC says they don't sell your email, but what about phone numbers, since it's a part of the entry form?

Sure seems like a big coincidence to me, since it's such a dramatic increase in the 2 days since I entered.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.