Valued Contributor

Re: any shortages or sold out in your stores?

@novamc1 Yes but they haven;'t been advised to grab 5 bottles of peroxide. That is the problem. Human nature,.

Valued Contributor

this is posted at kroger site Due to high demand and to support all customers, we will be limiting the number of Sanitization, Cold and Flu related products to 5 each per order. Your order may be modified at time of pickup or delivery.

Frequent Contributor

@DiAnne 

DiAnne, the SODO (4th Ave So) Costco is still out of hand sanitizer, TP, and paper towels as of this morning (3/4/20).

As I posted on another thread, I can't find hand sanitizer anywhere in Seattle. And now we're being told that high-risk people (including 60 years or older) should avoid crowds. My DH is having shoulder replacement surgery on 3/19, so we wanted to stock up on supplies since he'll be in a sling for 8 weeks.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I shop online for groceries and a lot of stuff is out of stock and the delivery time slots are very booked up. Canned tuna was sold out.  Among many other things.  It's getting crazy.  I live in a neighborhood with all the newly infected people in Westchester county NY live.  Some people who live in my building may have been exposed.  We just don't know yet.  It's too close for comfort. My whole neighborhood is at risk for contamination/exposure.

I'm sorry to hear this, @Grouchomarx! Hope you stay nice and safe.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@mizree wrote:

this is posted at kroger site Due to high demand and to support all customers, we will be limiting the number of Sanitization, Cold and Flu related products to 5 each per order. Your order may be modified at time of pickup or delivery.

That sign was posted at my Fry's (Kroger) in Arizona.  The hand sanitizers were sold out.  

Super Contributor

@hummermom wrote:

@DiAnne 

DiAnne, the SODO (4th Ave So) Costco is still out of hand sanitizer, TP, and paper towels as of this morning (3/4/20).

As I posted on another thread, I can't find hand sanitizer anywhere in Seattle. And now we're being told that high-risk people (including 60 years or older) should avoid crowds. My DH is having shoulder replacement surgery on 3/19, so we wanted to stock up on supplies since he'll be in a sling for 8 weeks.

It's a little ridiculous I'm in Snohomish County (Lynnwood) I went out Sat got what I needed, I didn't go beyond what I would normally purchase. 

Valued Contributor

All of this is ridiculous
Respected Contributor

Nope, not where I am, Maine. Store shelves are fine. No shortages. We buy those sort of items in bulk from BJ’s and Costco. Still have many cans of Lysol and Clorox wipes I use just in everyday cleaning. Don’t really use hand sanitizer all that much to begin with though we do have a couple bottles in the laundry room closet.
Honored Contributor

YES!!!  I made a special trip just to get a muchly needed item for an upcoming birthday cake and Whole Foods was totally wiped out of Miss Jones Vanilla Confetti frosting.

Now I'm up the creek.

They only had the chocolate and vanilla.  But I need the vanilla with the colorful little beads in it.  My grandchildren LOVE it.

Tried Amazon--no go.

I am ticked.  People have taken this too far.

Icing hoarders.

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

No shortages here, the people in my rural community only watch Fox News and think this virus isn't real. Business as usual.

@blackhole99 

I assume you're trying to be funny, but I watch both Fox and CNN and I can assure you that Fox News has been covering the Coronavirus extensively. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett