Esteemed Contributor

Re: ans to Hotel movie question............

actually i did look there when I posted but maybe it was not available at that time...thanks  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

But @esmeesmerelda ... I don't know those people over there. Smiley Wink  I might be skeered.  I know the "nuts" (said with love) here.  Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GATORGIRL wrote:

Actually, there were two separate threads that the same person initiated on the same subject.  The title of each thread was nearly identical. The two threads were posted in two different forums.  One of the threads was deleted. 

That's just splitting hairs really though. Cross posting of the same thread across different forums. Against the guidelines. The same thread and the answers and info are all available in TV & Movies. No big "deleted thread" controversy lol. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@GATORGIRL wrote:

Actually, there were two separate threads that the same person initiated on the same subject.  The title of each thread was nearly identical. The two threads were posted in two different forums.  One of the threads was deleted. 

Thank you @GATORGIRL

Valued Contributor

@Preds wrote:

But @esmeesmerelda ... I don't know those people over there. Smiley Wink  I might be skeered.  I know the "nuts" (said with love) here.  Smiley Happy

Lol! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@Preds Smiley Happy

Nuts

Honored Contributor

@GATORGIRL wrote:

And the deleted thread had a Mod note explaining why it was deleted, where the duplicate thread was located, and noted that it had the exact same title. It was easy for me to find.

Valued Contributor

@esmeesmerelda wrote:

@GATORGIRL wrote:

That's just splitting hairs. Cross posting of the same thread across different forums. Against the guidelines. The same thread and the answers and info are all available in TV & Movies. No big "deleted thread" controversy lol. Smiley Happy

@esmeesmerelda

Understood.  No biggie.

In my opinion, the message of the mods is misleading.  

"Moved" is not the same as "removed" and the responses posted in the "removed" thread are therefore no longer available:

Moved: This thread has been removed by QVC because it is duplicate and you will find it in TV and Movies

On some boards, mods will merge similar threads.   This might be something for future consideration.
Valued Contributor

@GATORGIRL wrote:

@esmeesmerelda wrote:

@GATORGIRL wrote:

That's just splitting hairs. Cross posting of the same thread across different forums. Against the guidelines. The same thread and the answers and info are all available in TV & Movies. No big "deleted thread" controversy lol. Smiley Happy

@esmeesmerelda

Understood.  No biggie.

"Moved" is not the same as "removed" and the responses posted in the "removed" thread are therefore no longer available:

Moved: This thread has been removed by QVC because it is duplicate and you will find it in TV and Movies

On some boards, mods will merge similar threads.   This might be something for future consideration.

@GATORGIRL

Excellent point! Smiley Happy

Jmo but I think the Mods do a good job with what they deal with here (things like techy bugs........ and us "nuts" too! Lol!) Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@GATORGIRL wrote:

@esmeesmerelda wrote:

@GATORGIRL wrote:

@esmeesmerelda

Understood.  No biggie.

I agree, but I believe that message is a default of the forum software coding. It's what they always use no matter what and I have to think there's a reason it always says "moved" for everything, even for deleted threads.