Honored Contributor

Re: annual event: White House Christmas decorations unveiled

@dooBdoo Festivus !!  Now you're talking !!

seinfeld-festivus-for-the-rest-ugly-sweater-front1-566x571.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Sometimes it is even difficult to admit to bias as a factor. We all would love to think that we are better than that.

But now,  more than I can ever recall, it seems as if everything is tinged or infused with what is swirling around us.

I long for boring.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Right you are @Oznell. Several years ago when my chldren were in elementary school, I volunteered to work at the Scholastic Books bookfair they had at their school. (I love books, so I had lots of fun "working" there, lol). I bought a book for myself called "The White House, An Illustrated History" by Catherine O'Neill Grace. Lovely pictures of "the people's" lovely house.

Honored Contributor

@cimeranrose wrote:

Right you are @Oznell. Several years ago when my chldren were in elementary school, I volunteered to work at the Scholastic Books bookfair they had at their school. (I love books, so I had lots of fun "working" there, lol). I bought a book for myself called "The White House, An Illustrated History" by Catherine O'Neill Grace. Lovely pictures of "the people's" lovely house.

@cimeranrose

I love Scholastic Books!  I took on that job just to be able to see them all.  I took a class in Children's Lit a long time ago, I particularly love the art work.

Respected Contributor

HGTV 'White House Christmas' 2017 Special Airs December 10.. time 6p/5c 

HGTV continues its yearly tradition of providing viewers with a room-by-room tour of the White House as decked out for the Christmas holidays. This year HGTV host Alison Victoria is there to provide you with all the behind-the-scenes access. 

Honored Contributor

stevieb wrote:

@dooBdoo Festivus !!  Now you're talking !!

seinfeld-festivus-for-the-rest-ugly-sweater-front1-566x571.jpg

@stevieb!

Yesssss!

"Not that there's anything wrong with it... " 😉😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Image result for stranger things 11 gif

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

So, Hallmark is listing tonight's show as lighting of the National Tree... That one, I can miss... The National Tree isn't really among my favorites. The US Captiol Tree is historically more lovely...

Honored Contributor

Wow, the one calling people demonic and stating that nobody gets to have a differing opinion is a bit beyond.

The only thing that really struck me, aside from the one hallway pic with the lights out, was that in the green room and the red room, I didn't care for the tree in the middle of the room right under the chandelier.   Is the chandelier supposed to represent the star atop the tree?  Or is it just the angle that makes it look as though the tree comes right up to the bottom of the chandelier?    I just didn't care for the placement.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Wow, the one calling people demonic and stating that nobody gets to have a differing opinion is a bit beyond.

The only thing that really struck me, aside from the one hallway pic with the lights out, was that in the green room and the red room, I didn't care for the tree in the middle of the room right under the chandelier.   Is the chandelier supposed to represent the star atop the tree?  Or is it just the angle that makes it look as though the tree comes right up to the bottom of the chandelier?    I just didn't care for the placement.

It looks like to me they centered the trees on the center medallions in the rugs... It's different, I sort of like the look for a change... I could be wrong, but I'm not sure the green and red rooms always have trees. I know they're always decorated, but it seems the mantels are most often the focal point.