Respected Contributor

Re: annual event: White House Christmas decorations unveiled

@TenderMercies wrote:

They unveiled many of the photos of this year’s Christmas decor earlier today.  Here’s one:

4ECC22C3-3A6C-4E18-920C-7DCB10758AE9.jpeg

And no, this is not a joke.

Looks elegant and beautiful to me .  Don't see why it would be a joke ..... Oh I know why cause it's Melania 🙀. I've seen many of the photos and they are elegant as is she .

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Sandyx2 wrote:

Image result for official white house 2017 christmas photos

White House 2017 Hallway of the East Wing fuly lit

@Sandyx2  This is a better view.  It looks like a wintry forest/nature theme to me, and I like it.  The other view is a dark nighttime pic and doesn't do justice to the intended theme.

Love this one ,  winter wonderland !  Wish I had a hall long enough to do this lol

Honored Contributor

@sharkky wrote:

Should be classy this yr.

@sharkky, none of this is particularly my cup of tea, but I would bet that it's always been a very "classy" setting.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I am not watching this year, enjoy! . The pics posted look pretty anyway. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Having attended a lecture on White House floral decorations, I can say that a lot of team work goes into doing the Holiday decorations & dining room table centerpieces. The team does the decorating of the trees & choosing the flowers for the centerpieces for state dinners of honored guests (leaders of foreign countries). 

The First Lady and President do review various themes and then tell the team to ‘make it so’. 

You have to thank the people behind the scenes for all their hard work.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

They unveiled many of the photos of this year’s Christmas decor earlier today.  Here’s one:

Looks elegant and beautiful to me .  Don't see why it would be a joke ..... Oh I know why cause it's Melania 🙀. I've seen many of the photos and they are elegant as is she .

I think they are creepy.  Folks are entitled to have a differing opinion so stop trying to make it out to be anything more than a difference in taste.

Honored Contributor

@Carriestp wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

I think they are creepy.  Folks are entitled to have a differing opinion so stop trying to make it out to be anything more than a difference in taste.

@Carriestp  That photo was poorly executed at night by the photographer.

This is what is really looks like:

Image result for white house christmas decorations 2017 photoshopped

Image result for white house christmas decorations 2017 trees hallway

""But tell me where do the children play"-Cat Stevens
Respected Contributor

@Carriestp wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

Yes, folks are certainly entitled  to their opinions .  My opinion is some feel the way they do because of who did the Christmas decor that THEY dislike them.  I could be wrong ,  but something tells me I'm not.   The lite up photo of this exact scene is white and bright, and it's in this post as well...,

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Carriestp wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@Carriestp  That photo was poorly executed at night by the photographer.

This is what is really looks like:

Image result for white house christmas decorations 2017 photoshopped

Image result for white house christmas decorations 2017 trees hallway

Gorgeous and so is Melania😀

Respected Contributor

i hope everyone saw the announcement on another thread of the HGTV Dec 10 show on WH Christmas.all can see it for themselves. i see it listed for 6 p m/5 ct - but check your local listings.