Respected Contributor

Re: annual event: White House Christmas decorations unveiled

it seems that the WH has a room/color scheme and theme for just about everyone:  red, green, blue, silver, traditional red and green.  i think the State Dining Room looks elegant and love the Sweets Room for the children.  enjoy the season!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sandyx3 A very interesting and pretty approach to the China Room. At least as far as I'm aware, though I could be wrong, I don't recall it typically featuring a table, as though set for dinner, in previous years. It's nice to see what they've cooked up this year and it appears in some instances, the approaches to some of the rooms represent fresh ideas. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

An excellent representation of this First Family's Christmas celebration.  Hoping to see how Mar-a-Lago has been adorned for the holidays.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Sandyx3 wrote:

Image result for official white house 2017 christmas photos

White House 2017 Hallway of the East Wing fuly lit

@Sandyx3  This is a better view.  It looks like a wintry forest/nature theme to me, and I like it.  The other view is a dark nighttime pic and doesn't do justice to the intended theme.

Unless I miss my guess, this is one of the 'colonnade' hallways, which are essentially glorified service hallway connecting the east and west wings to the main house... Personally, I think this year's interpretation, particularly with the uplighting, is artistic and lovely. That said, I've seen it done in styles that are more traditionally 'pretty' and it's also been done in styles that are far less attractive... As always, it's a matter of personal taste.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Sandyx3 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

The small trees positioned in the middle of the Green Room and the Red Room is a bit of a departure, I think. I like the look.

Here is a larger view of the Green Room showing more of the decor

white house christmas decorations 2017

@Sandyx3 Oh my... An absolutely beautiful room...

Respected Contributor

I'm disappointed with the gingerbread White House-it seems incomplete just sitting there on the table. In years past-going way back-the chefs added outside "yard" decorations. 

As it sits right now, it looks unfinished. The White House itself looks beautiful-

Honored Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

I'm disappointed with the gingerbread White House-it seems incomplete just sitting there on the table. In years past-going way back-the chefs added outside "yard" decorations. 

As it sits right now, it looks unfinished. The White House itself looks beautiful-

I think it's pretty but agree, the gingerbread house is a little on the plain side. That said, and it's just a personal opinion, some of those created in the past seemed to take things a bit far, bordering on kitsch. 

Honored Contributor

Wow the decorations are beautiful.  Really elegant, but homey.  I love the hall with the white trees. And the room wit all the trees , homage to the nutcracker suite was breathtaking.  Kudos to who ever designed it

Respected Contributor

last year's gingerbread house -  this year's is more traditional, featuring First Lady's wreaths.  image.png