Honored Contributor

'...and Jupiter aligns with Mars' (Age of Aquarius?)

From The Guardian:

Five planets will align in the night sky for an extraordinary view on Tuesday [March 28] in a phenomenon dubbed a “planetary parade”.

The planets – Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Uranus and Mars – will come together on the western horizon, near the crescent moon, for a brief display after sunset. People almost anywhere on Earth with a westerly view and clear skies will be able to catch it.

Honored Contributor

Re: '...and Jupiter aligns with Mars' (Age of Aquarius?)

@golding76 This has been on our local news for the past few days.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine, too.  I'm glad it is getting coverage.  David Muir (ABC) had it on his evening broadcast tonight, too.

I keep checking but haven't seen anything yet.  However, last night I saw quite a few sparkling things up there.

Respected Contributor

@golding76 Thank you for posting. I do not watch the news, so I had no idea something like this was happening. Just to be safe I think I will stay very still and not make any commitments or sign any documents until they drift apart. I don't know astrology, but this sounds big.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't seen anything!  I went to watch at sunset - I saw the moon and 1 star.  I've been out a few times after and I see the moon and the stars (I guess that matches my name on here!).  Maybe I don't know what the planets would look like, but I expected they'd look more like the moon than stars.

Sounds like something very special to have them all appear in alignment.

Would be nice if the song was true:

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Disappointed in the same way as you, moonandthestars.  For the longest while, I saw nothing because of clouds.

Finally, I saw the moon, several miles (but feet to me on Earth) of clouds and then one bright object, which I am guessing was Venus.

Last night I saw many bright objects but they weren't in alignment, of course.  Plus, I wasn't thinking about this magic moment that was to take place tonight, and so I wasn't thinking of their significance.

I also went in and out of the house multiple times in order to enjoy the big moment.  Didn't happen for me.

Honored Contributor

Couldn't resist.  The anthem for my generation. 

"The Age of Aquarius" -- The 5th Dimension

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjxSCAalsBE

Honored Contributor

DH and I drove to a park with an unobstructed view. We were there over an hour and saw all five. The moon was a beautiful crescent, Venus was to its southeast, another planet was directly opposite Venus to the southwest, and a faint view of one popped up between the two in a straight line. Then we saw one above the first and slightly to the northwest but still under the moon. DH saw a cluster of stars a little below, and that was the five!

I couldn't believe we were the only ones there. And I do know there has been some drug dealing there late at night. So I had fun looking at the planets, but I was ready to go!  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@golding76 Venus!! that's great!  Exciting! Magical!  

What you saw (i.e. bright object) was bigger and brighter than what a star in the sky looks like? but much smaller than the moon appears?

If it was warmer here I would have just stayed out the whole time to see what could be seen.  I wonder if anyone in my area was able to see anything.  I'll check the sky again soon.

Honored Contributor

beach-mom, how glorious!  So happy that someone here (and her DH) experienced this!

(Funny detail about getting out of there in a hurry.)

Please write again so that your happy post is last and read.