Respected Contributor

Re: adorable 2018 'Gerber baby' winner :)

He's adorable.

Heart

Honored Contributor

Talk about An Ambassador of Good Will! 

Some of us have the good fortune to love a wonderful child who as one of his/her attributes is working every day to overcome a challenge that most children are not dealing with.

My grandchild is a Blessing and a Gift. It was thrilling to see this charming little boy, not because he is living with Down Syndrome but because he too is a Blessing and a Gift, who by his newfound fame will be able to instruct all whom he meets, by being the Delight that he is.

A child is a child, and ALL children have a challenge somewhere along the way, some easily overcome, some very difficult, some hidden.

It is wonderful in our present World that many forms of help are available to help children compensate and overcome. With LOVE, Miracles CAN Happen.

Honored Contributor

I think it was time for the best smile to win...the sweet little guy has it.

Honored Contributor

Maybe it's just me but I don't know why he's being labelled as the "Down's Syndrome" Gerber baby.  He's adorable; he's cute, he's happy, he's a baby.  And he's the new Gerber Baby.   How does his having Down's play into that?  If he was left handed, would be reading that the new Gerber baby is left handed?  

Trusted Contributor

I think Gerber will start a trend and also take into consideration babies who are conjoined, babies who have spina bifida and the list goes on and on.  They're all cute and they all deserve a chance to be the Gerber Baby Winner as well as the parents getting the $25k. 

Respected Contributor

I love him. My heart actually hurts

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I think it was time for the best smile to win...the sweet little guy has it.

It was said he was chosen for the “sparkle in his eye”!

Honored Contributor

@violann Oh the sparkle in his eye...The smile draws you in and the sparkle tugs your heart.