Super Contributor

confused about the ending....I must have missed something: she had a daughter, not a son, yet in the end, there's a man who calls her mother. first thought maybe he was grown daughter's son, but he didn't call her grandmother, he called her mother. 

anyone know how/where son came from? 

thank you!

Contributor

Re: ? about PBS 'Long Story'

July was raped as a very young girl.  She had a son who she left at the church door.  This is the son, Thomas, who appears in the last episode.  He was taken to England, did an apprenticeship, made money, and came back to the U.S.  He knew his mother's name was July and was a slave at the Amnity Plantation. I guess he'd been looking for her.  Hope this answers your question!

Honored Contributor

@knittykitty   I was confused too.  Thank you to @Momkat for explaining.  But I don't remember a rape scene and leaving a baby at the church in episode 1 or 2.

Super Contributor

THANK YOU! I don't remember that...I do remember the first boyfriend who got killed, but didn't realize she'd had a previous rape or child. this was driving me nuts, so thanks very much. I did watch all 3 episodes but must have zoned out more than once, LOL

Respected Contributor

Google "PBS Long Story Episode Recaps"

Honored Contributor

It was in the episodes,  yes he was the baby she left at the church.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I am really liking this story  but then I enjoy books and shows from that era.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".