Respected Contributor

Re: ??about Buying food on QVC

[ Edited ]

I've also have ordered a variety of items and have never had a problem. I have had items not ship when expected, but I think that was done by the vendor to insure it shipped when the carrier was able to get it delivered in a timely manner. My items have all arrived within two days of shipping and never a problem with its condition.

Respected Contributor

I have ordered several items and no problems here.  Only one thing have  I ordered I could not eat.  Got a refund and no issues.

This month I was to receive and item first part of month and just received today.  Behind on auto delivery orders.  Also my steak burgers are backed ordered and not sure I will get.

Food has always come frozen or cold.

Valued Contributor

If you live in a hot climate like Florida or Arizona, try to do your ordering in the colder months for frozen foods. I have had a lot of things arrive in a pile of mush, but QVC has always taken care of it. I order from other food companies across the US and they ALWAYS pack my items with insulation and lots of dry ice. They arrive fully frozen, never a problem. QVC vendors do not do that. The frozen food comes in a styrofoam box with an 8" x 8" square of (melted) dry ice, hence the failure rate. Its really a wasteful shame and QVC tells me they are trying to get their vendors to get serious about shipping their products. 

Honored Contributor

Food I've ordered has been packaged just fine. It's just so dang expensive.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Food I've ordered has been packaged just fine. It's just so dang expensive.

I live alone ,so for me it isn't expensive, as a dinner in a restaurant would be. I enjoy the foods I get from QVC, and glad they are here for us.

Respected Contributor

It does seem expensive but I look on it as an convenient treat, or a unexpected treat for a loved one.

I do have to say, I've ordered food from different outlets, QVC, Goldbelly, direct from vendors, others. It pays to compare. For example, as expensive as QVC seems I saw the cost of the Buona Italian Beef featured today was approximately $20 less expensive than on Goldbelly.

Frequent Contributor

I've purchased a lot of food on QVC and from independent companies.  QVC used to have 2 day delivery on food but that has changed in the past few years.  Now it usually takes 3-5 days.  Only once did I complain about a food item - it was stuffed pretzels that I was going to give as favors at a party and they came broken/crushed.  All of them!  One call to CS and they refunded my money.  I've also compared the QVC steaks to the original company website order price and many times the QVC price is cheaper.