Super Contributor

a simple pleasure to start the day

I just looked out my window - it is sunny here in Philly today - and I saw a beautiful blue jay and a woodpecker.  This wil be an outdoor day for me from dawn to dusk I think.  Hopefully, will feel less lonely.

Honored Contributor

Re: a simple pleasure to start the day

I'm glad it's no longer raining for you.  My kids are in Philly too...I'm in the suburbs and yes it looks like it will be a nice day.  Enjoy & stay safe! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I am actually in Haverford.  10 miles west of Philly..

Esteemed Contributor

Good attitude, @gellen !  We do have to put some effort into making for a happy day.  It sounds as if you are on the right path.  Now, go out and make it a good day!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@gellen wrote:

I am actually in Haverford.  10 miles west of Philly..

I'm northeast of Philly in Bucks.

Esteemed Contributor

@gellen 

A beautiful day in Southern Maryland, too.  After a rainy gray day yesterday, we are rewarded with brilliant blue skies and all the bright green trees that are struggling to get their leaves despite almost cold temps.

The air was crisp with a light breeze. 

There is a bird's nest on my back porch...a tiny bird has built her home on one of our outside speakers above the patio lights.  I try not to turn them on at night so she is not startled.

I set out my little tomato plants to get some sun before putting them in big pots next week. 

There is a danger of frost/freezing this weekend! 

Change comes, no matter what.

Valued Contributor

I'm in Philly too - Queen Village. A pair of doves have been hanging out in our courtyard lately. I'm sure they're enjoying this beautiful sunny day as much as we are. 

Valued Contributor

@gellen Good for you. I hope you have a lovely day. Maybe appreciating and enjoying the simple pleasures will be an unexpected bright spot during this awful time.

I have been thinking of my parents who were born into terrible poverty, became teenagers during the Depression and as young adults went to war. We grew up modestly but to them it was a rich life to be able to feed their children, educate them and spend one week in the summer at a little rented cabin on a lake. Life was simpler but it was rich with love and good values of work and responsibility and kindness.