Honored Contributor

Re: a pill that kills flu in 24's released in Japan

I hope it works, time will tell.

Right now the flu vaccine does not work very well at all.  For all of the money the pharma companies are making, they should be able to come out with a better product.

I would have no trouble taking a medication that had it’s beginnings  in China or Japan.  The scientists in those countries are brilliant.  The students in those countries run circles around those who are educated here in the USA, though many from wealthy families are sent here to the US for high school to polish their English language skills.

My brother has been housing these students for years in his home.  They come here with thousands of dollars of spending money and they go on fancy vacations paid for by their families.  Their families are really wealthy.

It shouldn’t matter who discovered the cure for the flu, what matters  is it’s effectiveness.

Respected Contributor

They use the military as guinea pigs for a lot of these drugs.  

Honored Contributor

Yes they do, they tested LSD on the military.  I don't know if they volunteered ,or were ordered to take it.

Trusted Contributor

If it sounds to  good to be true. Maybe it is. I would be very leery of the side effects and also being a new drug. I wonder how much that little pill is going to cost.

Respected Contributor

@apple1964wrote:

I do not believe any pill  will help this strain of the flu. I got the flu shot and still got the flu which was a slight case. I do not trust anything that comes from Japan or China. JMHO.

What are you talking about.?  How can you compare Japan and China ? Are you aware that a lot of medications , equipment ,medical and dental materials and instruments that we all use today in the US is made in Japan. They are best of the best! Ask your dentist and physician.

Trusted Contributor

Why can't we come up with something like this.  Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

The Pharma that owns Tamaflu is going to work VERY hard to prevent this drug from coming into the U.S.

Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirlwrote:

The Pharma that owns Tamaflu is going to work VERY hard to prevent this drug from coming into the U.S.

Exactly

Trusted Contributor

I trust the company Shionogi.  They have been in business since 1878 and was incorporated in 1919.  

To read up on this fascinating company, here is the timeline.

There is also a video presentation of their history but is narrated in Japanese but does have English Subtitles.

I watched the whole thing and it was amazing. This company was destroyed during wwII and rebuilt. They are not political and always have had the wellness of not only their people that motivated them but the world.   

http://www dot shionogi.co.jp/en/company/outline/history/history.html

www dot shionogi.co.jp/en/company/outline/history/movie.html

www dot shionogi.co.jp

Remember to remove the dot as I was unsure of posting links here.  

Trusted Contributor

I don’t trust the Shionogi Company. The company realeasing this wonderdul flu pill is partnered with China (see below). I wouldn’t ingest any medication or food made in China. If you decide to take this medicine or any other medicine or vaccination, please look up the ingredients in the pill or vaccination before deciding to do so. They are all listed online. I’m just saying don’t blindly trust, check them out and decide for youself. The FDA used to look after our interest, but now are concerned with getting kickbacks from companies and lobbyist. I know longer put my health or trust in the FDA. I take a little time to reasearch medical products and decide for myself. Once you start doing this, it’s quite eye opening.

Beijing Shionogi Pharmaceutical Technology Ltd.
OVERVIEW
Headquarters
Room 07, 20/F, Jinghui Building,No.118, Jianguo Road B,Chaoyang District,Beijing 100022
Type of Company
Private
Industries
Pharmaceuticals
Company Description
Beijing Shionogi Pharmaceutical Technology Ltd., part of Shionogi & Co., Ltd., is a Chinese company located in Beijing. The firm manufactures and distributes pharmaceutical products.