Honored Contributor

Re: Zimbabwe will not charge U.S. dentist for killing Cecil the lion

@Venezia wrote:

I just heard this on the news and my immediate reaction was "Well, his money buys his way out again."

This is a man who has already been convicted of illegal poaching and trying to bribe his friends into lying for him to cover it up (not to mention his other "crimes").  Is anyone seriously trying to tell us that he was not aware that this animal was baited and lured out of the preserve?  How did he not notice the elephant carcass being dragged behind the vehicle he and his "guides" were in?  "Oh gosh!!!  How did that get there???"  Yeah, right.

Zimbabwe authorities may have decided his "papers were in order".  That is not the same as saying he did not actively partake in the crime - just that they wouldn't be able to nail him with it realistically.

This man covers his own a$$ very well and leaves others to pay the price.  A total scumbag.

The president of Zimbabwe is said to be as crooked as a corkscrew.  It's estimated that over 20,000 people died as a result of his efforts to become what is eessentially a dictator.  Between him and the dentist, Cecil didn't stand a chance.  That $60,000, probably went right into the presidential pocket.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

I just heard this on the news and my immediate reaction was "Well, his money buys his way out again."

This is a man who has already been convicted of illegal poaching and trying to bribe his friends into lying for him to cover it up (not to mention his other "crimes").  Is anyone seriously trying to tell us that he was not aware that this animal was baited and lured out of the preserve?  How did he not notice the elephant carcass being dragged behind the vehicle he and his "guides" were in?  "Oh gosh!!!  How did that get there???"  Yeah, right.

Zimbabwe authorities may have decided his "papers were in order".  That is not the same as saying he did not actively partake in the crime - just that they wouldn't be able to nail him with it realistically.

This man covers his own a$$ very well and leaves others to pay the price.  A total scumbag.

The president of Zimbabwe is said to be as crooked as a corkscrew.  It's estimated that over 20,000 people died as a result of his efforts to become what is eessentially a dictator.  Between him and the dentist, Cecil didn't stand a chance.  That $60,000, probably went right into the presidential pocket.

Exactly.  Those naive enough to think that the ordinary citizen there is profiting from this nasty trade probably also still believe in the tooth fairy.

Trusted Contributor

@blahblahvampemerblah wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

No, it's Zimbabwe protecting an industry that provides jobs and funds for preservation.  Good for them.

READ POST #40.

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

But, what the heck......sure, he's innocent.

ROAR CECIL !!!

I don't think there's a single person in the world that thinks he's innocent. 

Not guilty, yes...but innocent, nope. 

ABSURD COMMENT - HE'S GUILTY.

Honored Contributor

Some people are very very naive. Don't always believe what you read or hear on the news or online. Talk to locals of the area and you will get closer to the truth.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Some people are very very naive. Don't always believe what you read or hear on the news or online. Talk to locals of the area and you will get closer to the truth.

You spoke with the locals? 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Trusted Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

You spoke with the locals? 

GOOD ONE!!!