Respected Contributor

For those of you who have this machine?  It's not showing on the QVC site and I can't find it on Amazon so I can't check it out.  A local Job Lot has it for $30 and I'm thinking of buying. Just wondering what your thoughts are.

Super Contributor

My sister and mom has one, they are supposedly the best. That is an excellent deal. 

I myself use my staub cast iron to make my sourdough loaf.

Making your own bread is good with the rise of bread prices.

Floral Pillow
Honored Contributor

I have a Curtis Stone one and I love it!   I do own a GZ cast iron pan and I love that too!

$30 seems quite inexpensive, if it retails higher than that I would try it but I paid $99 for mine and it's a well built, great quality machine.   Not sure how much quality you will get for $30........

Respected Contributor

I saw it on a couple of sites and the reviews were 2 stars out of 5.  It looks to me like they may be going out of business. I've been making my own bread for over 20 years and the best machine is a Zojuriski.  They are very expensive, but they last and last.  If you just want to try bread making, maybe try a known brand like Cuisnart.  Watch for sales during this holiday season.  Happy baking

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

For those of you who have this machine?  It's not showing on the QVC site and I can't find it on Amazon so I can't check it out.  A local Job Lot has it for $30 and I'm thinking of buying. Just wondering what your thoughts are.

@coffee drinker The best are Zojirushi!  I can't say enough good about them.  I also have a Cuisinart (got on big sale) that is good.

If I were you, I would do some research and shop around at cookware shops online, Costco etc., Amazon, and look for a big deal on Black Friday.  I would go with a brand that has been around for a long time selling bread machines.  

Respected Contributor

HI @coffee drinker  Woman Happy

I've had a series of Bread Makers thru the many years, I think all the way back to ?"Mr Breadmaker?"  I think was the name. 

I think I even had a Wolfgang Puck Bread Maker too, not sure.  I know I had his Bread Maker kits & they were tremendous, very handy & fast.

Most I researched, & were not that expensive at all. 

I currently have a Zojuriski that I bought on a great sale because it had a small dent.  Works well also!

I dont see any difference in expensive or inexpensive Bread Makers I've had.  ALL the many ones I had were wonderful!!

NONE of my Bread Makers broke or betrayed the quality of the bread.  ALL worked well, until I often, usually gave them away, often in the move.

There's NOTHING more 0rg45m1c than a Thanksgiving Turkey, or Roast, & Baked Potatoes in the Oven, while a Bread Maker also making Homemade Bread.  *drool*

My only teeny-weeny issue is a personal one.  Whether the loaf made was oblong, like the store (but often uses 2 Br Mkr paddles) or a Round loaf that usually uses 1 Paddle.  Purely aesthetic. 

Hope you enjoy whichever Bread Maker you choose.  My guess is, you'll love it!   Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Zakarian Bread Machine

[ Edited ]

@coffee drinker 

"We Tested the 5 Best Bread Machines for Home Kitchens"

(ref:  ..  foodandwine    )

Above include:  

"Other Bread Machines We Tested"

"Factors to Consider"

(comparative prices)

Respected Contributor

Maybe it's me but why have another big kitchen item taking up space? I had one years ago when they were popular and never had good luck with it. I have a professional kitchen aid mixer and use it for my bread dough, kneading and all. It's so easy that I find a bread maker is not needed. Good luck with your choice!

Honored Contributor

I have a Hamilton Beach one and I'm happy with it except that the bread doesn't get as dark as I would like no matter the setting, but doesn't really matter.  I prefer a standard size and shape loaf, so I just use the dough setting, remove, knead, shape, rise, bake in my oven,  Actually, the first time I did it, I just dumped it from the machine into my loaf pan and did the final rise and baked, and there really wasn't much difference.  EzPz.  

I can't say about the Zakarian machine, but unless you're SURE you're going to make homemade bread regularly, like weekly, I wouldn't invest in a Zoijoshuri (sp).  

Respected Contributor

Where do you get the best bread machine recipes?  The recipes that came with my machine are not good.