Trusted Contributor

I had heard it can be quite lucrative.  There are some really good content creators out there and they deserve every bit they earn.  It takes a lot of time and effort to create a good video. 

Me and the hubs usually spend the evenings on YouTube if there isn't anything interesting on TV.   

Honored Contributor

Anyone follow Kara and Nate on You Tube?  They are my favorites to follow. I eagerly await their new videos each week.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Yes indeed @CoffeeNut .  One of my fav reviewers of tech is Marques Brownlee.  He has interviewed Bill Gates and Warren Buffet.  He's been on youtube since he was nine years old.  His studio is in Kearney, NJ.  He talks about smart phones, and other tech.  He's a grown man now.  More than 10 million followers.

Another techie person is Mr.WhosetheBoss and he talks all kinds of tech.  It doesn't hurt that he's nice looking and the sound of his voice is pleasant.  He is monetized by Youtube.

A female beauty guru of Nigerian descent who served in the Army but decided she want to get into the beauty game.  She was invited to the Met Gala last year and has won a couple of awards from People's choice or something, I can't remember.  She has a candle line now.  She's paid!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Anyone follow Kara and Nate on You Tube?  They are my favorites to follow. I eagerly await their new videos each week.

What do they do @gidgetgh ?  Is it general fun stuff, beauty, home, hacks.  I love to watch hack videos where you can take everyday objects and make use of them.  I'm in awe when I watch the video but dismayed if I have to try it.  LOL.

Honored Contributor

Re: Youtubers Cashing in!

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

This is all accurate. At the same time, from what I've seen, it looks like the more successful youtubers make most of their money from corporate sponsorships. The adsense from youtube is a nice bonus, but not the main way they make their money.

@Porcelain 

My neighbors had two very pretty daughters, one was a cheerleader and the other was a majorette (twins).  They both went to college, became nurses and one became a travel nurse.  The other quit her job nursing and started doing YouTube and she is getting very rich.  She has more travels than her sister and is making more money than the travel nurse.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

What do they do @gidgetgh ?  Is it general fun stuff, beauty, home, hacks.  I love to watch hack videos where you can take everyday objects and make use of them.  I'm in awe when I watch the video but dismayed if I have to try it.  LOL.

@gertrudecloset - a married couple from Nashville who decided in 2016 to travel for a year and make travel videos.  6 years later they're still doing it full time.  Over 3M followers.  But they're fun travel videos.  Not let's walk through a museum travel videos.  And they're a fun couple. It's been fun to watch them mature.  They make great videos.  

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset 

I also love Girl in the Woods, Eamon and Bec, Cash Jordan and Mariah Alice.

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gertrudecloset - a married couple from Nashville who decided in 2016 to travel for a year and make travel videos.  6 years later they're still doing it full time.  Over 3M followers.  But they're fun travel videos.  Not let's walk through a museum travel videos.  And they're a fun couple. It's been fun to watch them mature.  They make great videos.  

@gidgetgh  Oh, that sounds like something I would like.  Will check them out.

If you're a handbag gal, check out handbag hound on youtube.  She reviews and compares all of her totes and shoulder bags.  They are mostly leather though.  She has such a nice soothing voice and I love the times she takes with her collection.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@gertrudecloset   Do you work for a news affiliate or do a podcast show ?

Maybe a newspaper reporter ?

No, why would you ask?  Do you work for The British Government? @SharkE 

I'm retired.  I don't work.  I'm like many other women here who come to chat and engage in fruitful discussions.

You sure post a lot every day about a lot of subjects you seem to have 

your finger on the pulse of daily news.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh  Oh, that sounds like something I would like.  Will check them out.

If you're a handbag gal, check out handbag hound on youtube.  She reviews and compares all of her totes and shoulder bags.  They are mostly leather though.  She has such a nice soothing voice and I love the times she takes with her collection.

@gertrudecloset - I am definitely a "handbag gal". Handbags and Birkenstocks.  I'll check it out, thanks.