Respected Contributor

During this shopping season how much do you buy for yourself compared to gifts for others? Yes, I know many people buy for themselves because of seasonal sales.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

During this shopping season how much do you buy for yourself compared to gifts for others? Yes, I know many people buy for themselves because of seasonal sales.

@traveler   I have a limited list to purchase gifts for...just my granddaughters, cleaning lady and hair stylist. I stay away from the sales, if possible, so I'm not tempted to refill my closet. I spend a lot of time clearing out what I'm not wearing. I do replace items on the "Need" list I keep up to date on the wall inside my closet. 

Honored Contributor

More for me. Smiley Happy  I'm the one doing all the 'hard" work.  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I buy a lot for myself during the Christmas season.  Sure there are sales but it's  not just about sales.  I like shopping and at this time of the year, there's a lot to buy.  I suppose half of my purchase at this time of the year are for me,  half as gifts.  I also pick up things that I put away for birthday gifts in the coming year.  

Honored Contributor

Since I don't exchange purchased gifts with friends and family, there would be more purchased for myself.

Honored Contributor

I buy for myself throughout the year. I really need nothing. Christmas is a very special holiday and I go all out for my family and try and buy gifts I know they wouldn't buy for themselves.

My grandson is turning 7, so he has a list a mile long. LOL Of course, Granny __ will be his secret Santa.

Respected Contributor

Definitely more for others, but some for myself.  I can get pursuaded by the general "buy stuff" atmosphere, low prices and treating myself.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

Re: Yourself or others?

[ Edited ]

A few years ago I was at a mall and Santa was there. I actually went up to Santa and told him I was tired of his IOU's gifts and I no longer believed in him and am buying for myself!

That Santa was shocked, had no words to say but his helper said, next in line.

My husband was with me and asked me why I did that and I told him I did it for him!

Esteemed Contributor

Nov through Jan has some of the best prices of the year, so I shop for Christmas, for me and for my home. in the past I have bought everything from candy to cars at this time of year.

Just bought something I didn't know I needed yesterday: a new microwave/ convection oven. At nearly half off and new, it's on its way to me. The size and convection oven function are two things that I needed and did not have.

Honored Contributor

One for him, one for me; one for her, one for me; one for them, two for me......

Yep, that's MY way of doing Christmas shopping, lol. Smiley Happy