Honored Contributor

Re: Yfour thoughts on MMA fighting....

I do not like any kind of fighting...punching....kicking.  It is not sport to me.   It is just unnecessary violence.  I do not see how people get a thrill out of watching that.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Yfour thoughts on MMA fighting....

I wouldn't care to watch it, however, we live in a free country and if they choose to do this, then they are grown and can make that choice.

It's a man thing. I don't expect to be interested in it. Not all men would be interested, even....I know my hubs wouldn't be.

Respected Contributor

Re: Your thoughts on MMA fighting....

If this happened anywhere other than a sporting event, the participants would likely be hauled to jail. It’s nothing more than blood sport with the objective of beating someone to the point they can no longer function. That is not sport.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch it and DH doesn't watch it.  In fact, I don't personally know anyone that watches it or follows it.

I think what is happening and what has happened between those 2 that just fought is all for publicity.   

Honored Contributor

It's all for show now.  That is not the wrestling from years ago.  Now it's like every other sport ... show me the money and I'll give you a show.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan, but to each h/his own. Daughter once dated a MMA fighter in her early 20s. He had a master's degree and his mom was a doctor but he opted to become a trainer and fighter. Much to his mom's dismay. Sadly, surrounded by steroids and got in trouble. Not saying this happens to all.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I've never understood why people like this type of sport.  But they pack them in and get outrageous prices for the tickets.

Trusted Contributor

I find no entertainment in watching someone beating someone else to a bloody pulp.  Don't like boxing either.

Esteemed Contributor

I like a good boxing match.  This MMA busines is straight up brawling IMO.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@Northray

I used to be a big fan of Professional Boxing, and I did go to 2 Heavyweight Title Fights. The training and mental and physical skills to be even good in this activity was an attention getter for me. As someone from fighting said:

"Winning is 10% Physical, and 90% Mental".

As for Mixed Martial Arts? Not a spectator sport I would care to attend, nor even follow. Regardless of the activity(Sport?), regular blows to ones head that cause the brain to move?  Most the pay attention to Head Injuries from Sports, know the risks of these types of injuries.

Many parents in this era of time are hesitant to let their child play pee wee football, is that bad or good?

MMA illegal? Not for me to decide. I've seen, and had some very serious injuries from "fun" type of ice hockey. Should that make it illegal?  Not if I am the arbiter.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)