Valued Contributor

Your thoughts on MMA fighting....

So this thing with Kahbib and McGregor tosses my mind in a whirlwind.  My brother loves this stuff and most males I know do.  But I'm like straight up appalled by what is basically to me a human putbull fight.  How is this even legal?  There in a cage even!  While I've always abhorred boxing this is like boxing times a trillion.  

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

Re: Your thoughts on MMA fighting....

I am grateful that my husband is not interested in this activity.  I find it barbaric.

Honored Contributor

While I'm not a fan, at least these guys choose to do it.

Poor pit bulls get bullied into it.  

Honored Contributor

Or even worse...to see women involved in it.  Just gross!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Doesn't interest me at all, but since the participants are adults and it's their choice, it's up to them. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I had no idea what MMA meant so opened the thread.  Glad DH is not interested.

*two thumbs down*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Or even worse...to see women involved in it.  Just gross!

OMGosh, right.  I'd get my azz kicked so thoroughly.  Seriously tho, it's just way out of the box.  Like someone else said, barbaric.  Like we're back in Roman times.  

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

Dont care for that, WWE, or bull fighting.

Honored Contributor

i am not interested in it at all, but i do love the NFL.

i have male and female friends that love the UFC and make big party events around these fights, enjoy friendly "trash talking" to each other, and look forward to the stuff that happens outside of the ring.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

There was a guy in my family who tried it.  He went to a competition in Ohio and the other guy wiped the floor with him.  Thank goodness it was over quickly and there were no permanent injuries.  First time I saw him after the event I just shook my head and didn't say a word, probably because my face said it all. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise