Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@gidgetgh 

Yep, have that one too Cat LOL

Also, Herb Alpert, "Whipped Cream and Other Delights."

Glittered Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass Whipped Cream Album

@Witchy Woman - my parents also had Herb Alpert's Whipped Cream and Other Delights. Another terrific album,  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Frequent Contributor

"Richie Valens".   (La Bamba, Donna, Boney Moronie, Come On Let's Go, Bluebirds over the Mountain.......)    I was just a little girl, but I was heartbroken when he was killed in that plane crash.  

Esteemed Contributor

I bought several of the same albums listed above - every Beach Boys, Leslie Gore, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Herb Alpert... but the very first album I ever bought with my own money was Andy Williams' "Moon River."   Still have it packed away with all my Beach Boys, etc.  If old albums from the 60's were worth any money, I'd be rich!  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I took my Christmas money in 1972 and bought the below.  I was in the 5th grade so close but yet still so far away from my "teenage" years.  I loved this album and wore it out.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@madzonie wrote:

"I"ll Walk Alone" by Vince Edwards (Ben Casey).

@madzonie 

Now THAT brings back memories.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh 

Just wanted to let you know that I now have the lyrics to "Teen Angel" circling in my head thanks to this thread.  And the scary thing is that I still remember them!  Awful song, but I sure loved it back then.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Re: Your first record album

[ Edited ]

Through elementary school we collected 45s. Christmas 1961, Santa brought me a Frankie Avalon album. I have a picture of me in my Christmas dress in front of the tree holding the album.

The first album I purchased was Meet the Beatles. I paid $1.88 for it.

Trusted Contributor

Meet the Beatles! (Vinyl First pressing, Jan 1964, Capitol) NO SCRATCHES!

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I took my Christmas money in 1972 and bought the below.  I was in the 5th grade so close but yet still so far away from my "teenage" years.  I loved this album and wore it out.

@beckyb1012 - Brandy is one of my favorite songs.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I remember putting $13.00 CASH in the mail to order a four album set that cost  $12.99 of the best oldies of all time.  When I received the album, my parents were livid that I mailed cash, I knew no better!

I wrote on my order form to "keep the change" !!  LOL

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it