Honored Contributor

Elvis Presley - G.I. Blues, still have it.

Trusted Contributor

"I"ll Walk Alone" by Vince Edwards (Ben Casey).

Esteemed Contributor
Fabian and Frankie Avalon. I got them together from my Godmother for Christmas.
Respected Contributor

I probably had some Donny Osmond 45s, but  first album  I remember was Foreigner Double Vision.

Honored Contributor

When I was real young I had a Dinah Shore Album I listen too that my Mom gave me.  As a young 10 year old, The Monkees was my first 75 album that I played to death ....I'm A Believer...D5F0722F-67A2-4D4D-AC3D-965E499DEE41.jpeg

Respected Contributor

"Peter, Paul and Mary". The one where they are standing in front of the brick wall with the heart drawn in colored chalk. I was in Middle School, so 12 or 13 yrs. old.

Fun Thread....and seeing the variety of music and poster's ages.

Respected Contributor

My first album was Connie Francis' Greatest Hits.

I also have all the old Beatle albums, and a few albums, later on, by Shocking Blue (I had to order those from Holland). I wound up owning around 2000 albums. I've saved about 100, and sold the others, years ago, for 25 cents each.

And someone mentioned "Teen Angel." That was one of my first singles. A sad, sad song.

I love music! Wish we had a music forum.

Honored Contributor

Re: Your first record album

[ Edited ]

My first album was David (Bowie) Live.  It was actually the first concert I went to at Tower Theatre (Philly) that they recorded the album.  

I snuck to the concert with my BFF and her sisters.  I didn't even know who David Bowie was.

My parents found out months later and grounded me for a month.  Woman Frustrated

My first 8 track was Jimi Hendrix Axis Bold as Love

My first 45 (is that the small record?) was Crimson and Clover

My first CD was Physical Graffiti

And my first concert t-shirt was Yes

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

Rick Springfield - Working Class Dog - was a Christmas gift in 5th grade.

🎶 off to download Jessie's Girl from Amazon Music 🎶 

BF2B726C-B689-4980-8A50-0D73843EA32B.jpeg

———————

I don’t know if you get Sirius XM but Rick Springfield has a show called working class DJ. I just catch bits of it at times but the most interesting thing was hearing “Jessie’s girl” in Spanish. He had a tutor to get the accent right and it sounds pretty darn good. I think it’s on the 80s channel. I believe they’re having a preview right now if you’re interested.

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

My first album was David (Bowie) Live.  It was actually the first concert I went to at Tower Theatre (Philly) that they recorded the album.  

I snuck to the concert with my BFF and her sisters.  I didn't even know who David Bowie was.

My parents found out months later and grounded me for a month.  Woman Frustrated

My first 8 track was Jimi Hendrix Axis Bold as Love

My first 45 (is that the small record?) was Crimson and Clover

My first CD was Physical Graffiti

Excellent taste in music imo.  Woman Very Happy  My first Bowie album was 'Space Oddity', so I am a bit older than you.  I was a Bowie freak and saw him a couple of times at MSG.  'Knock on Wood' is one of my fav songs from that Live Album.

Several singers did knock offs of Crimson and Clover, but I really liked the Tommy James and the Shondells original.  I think it was ahead of its time.  My first 45 my grandmother bought for me at Woolworth's - it was The Beatles 'Help' on the A side and 'I'm Down' on the B side.

'Kashmir' and 'The Rover' on Physical Graffiti are still songs I listen to today.  That was an excellent album w/a very interesting album cover.  Not sure if the CD could do that album cover justice.

As far as the thread owner's original question, I am really not sure of my first album.  I do remember getting a 'Sly and The Family Stone' album very early on (I Want to Take You Higher), and I was a big 'Creedence Clearwater Revival' fan, so I'm thinking it may have been one of those.  So long ago I just can't remember an album, but I do remember my grandma walking with me into town and buying that 45 for me.  She told me she really liked Elvis Presley so I thought she was kinda cool for telling me that.  Woman Tongue

Flowers are nature's way of laughing