Esteemed Contributor

Power to the People who can remember this far back......

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

Re: Your first record album

[ Edited ]

Tapestry - Carole King. I played it so many times that I still remember every word to every song.

Super Contributor

Barry White

Esteemed Contributor

image-asset.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh 

Yep, have that one too Cat LOL

Also, Herb Alpert, "Whipped Cream and Other Delights."

Glittered Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass Whipped Cream Album

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

My first album was David (Bowie) Live.  It was actually the first concert I went to at Tower Theatre (Philly) that they recorded the album.  

I snuck to the concert with my BFF and her sisters.  I didn't even know who David Bowie was.

My parents found out months later and grounded me for a month.  Woman Frustrated

My first 8 track was Jimi Hendrix Axis Bold as Love

My first 45 (is that the small record?) was Crimson and Clover

My first CD was Physical Graffiti

And my first concert t-shirt was Yes

@Lucky Charm I snuck out to see my first concert as well.  I told my parents I was sleeping over at a friend's.  That friend and I went to JFK in Philly to see the Rolling Stones.  I was 13.  My parents never found out.  The concert was great.  I was close enough to the stage that I threw a frisbee to Mick and he caught it!

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Love Dinah!

A bit off topic....

As a child, we traveled to NY (Brooklyn) every year to visit my mother's family and Dad would take us into the City.

At lunch one day, Dinah came by our table and greeted us!   I got her autograph!

We were sitting at the Skating Rink at Rockefeller Center.  She was VERY popular back then, and seemed a lovely woman.  I think she dated Burt Reynolds at one time.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

What a great question.  I think I was 9, it was the Patridge Family album.  My sister and I got a record player that Christmas.  We had many 45s but I don’t remember a lot of 33s that young.  I think my next album was either Bread or Beach boys.  We also listened to my parents Christmas albums when we got our record player.  I remember one was from Open Pantry.  Must have been some giveaway or low price if you bought gas or something.  I guess they were one of the original convenience stores.  It was like a greatest hits of Christmas songs.  I loved it.  

Honored Contributor

My first albums .... Gordon Lightfood, The Beatles, and The Moody Blues in 1967. I still have cases of old vinyl albums from the 60s-80s in the basement.  

I had a lot of 45s prior to that.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

Tapestry - Carole King. I played it so many times that I still remember every word to every song.

@Linmo - ahhhhh....  now Tapestry may not have been my FIRST album, but you just listed an album in my top 3, maybe even my #1.   It just doesn't get any better than that album.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?