Respected Contributor

Fun question ! I can't remember my first album but it had to be something by the Temptations !  I'm 70 yrs young a teenager of the 60's and the motown era.  I still have a boat load of R&B albums. Supremes, Temptations, Stevie Wonder etc 

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh  The Donny Osmond Album.  I was 11 and I still have it.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Your first record album

[ Edited ]

F501ADA4-025F-469F-B085-2E7E5C38F467.jpeg

I still have it!   DW

Honored Contributor

I'm going to add another one.  This album my parents owned and I was a child, but I loved it then, Still love it and have every song downloaded.

Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66, Greatest Hits. What a fabulous old album.  Love every song on it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

It was  the 1963 With The Beatles album . We were also given a Beatles album that had the song Babes in Black or Baby in Black

Honored Contributor

Although the first records I bought were by Elvis Presley, my first album was a peculiar choice for a very young teen.  

As a very young girl, I loved watching popular singer Perry Como's TV show, which often had him showcase religious holiday music for an upcoming holiday.  One evening, I heard him sing something that stirred my soul profoundly.  It was "Kol Nidre,"  "a prayer sung in Jewish synagogues at the beginning of the service on the eve of Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement)."

Although I'd never heard it before, I knew I wanted to be able to play it again and again.  The song moved me that deeply. Fortunately, our local music/record store had an LP album by Perry called "I Believe," and "Kol Nidre" was included among the selections. 

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeIYLGJF0kc

Honored Contributor

I can't remember my first album. But I have a vivid memory of standing in my brother's bedroom when he played what must have been one of Elvis's first single recording.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

gidgetgh,

Your parents had fabulous taste!  I, too, loved the music of Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66.

Ah yes, that was my time of being young and enjoying the frothiness of youth.  

Honored Contributor

West Side Story soundtrack.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Your first record album

[ Edited ]

Not sure which was my first album, but I know that my first 45 record (just saying that really dates me!) was "Teen Angel."  It was a sad ballad, and I played it over and over and over.  Must have driven my mom crazy.  This would have been when I was about 12 or 13 I think.

I still have all of my vinyl albums, but I'm not sure which was my first.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett