Respected Contributor

Re: Your favorite washable cloth masks

Another vote for Old Navy.  I love the variety of fabrics and the price!  My kids love them, too.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tommie Copper by a longshot!  Folds up easily, soft, lightweight, adjustable, nose wire, washes beautifully.  Second favorite, Gap.

Honored Contributor

I ordered some here at the Q on free shipping day.  Haven't received yet.

The ones that look like what doctors wear are itchy on my face.   DH purchased a ton of them, but I prefer cloth ones.  The cloth ones also look better.

I remember I walked into a store wearing the medical type mask and a little girl asked me if I was a doctor.  lol. 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I would not say any mask I have is a favorite. They are all hot and sweaty. But if I had to choose one I would say the Old Navy brand is what I wear most often. Cheap, cute prints and they do the job. I'm not someone who wears a mask in the car or parking lot or outside walking. I put it on right before I set foot in the store and once my foot hits the outside it comes off. 

@Meowingkitty  Me too!

Honored Contributor

None.  

Seriously I'm a mask wearer (they are mandated here anyhow so I have no choice) but I cannot find ones I like.  I bought some cloth ones way back when from Etsy and the first one was too tight and the second one is too big.  Plus they are so hot and suffocating.  I moved on to some cloth masks I bought from the grocery store but those seem to pull tight across my face and I feel like I'm going to suck it in while I'm talking.

I have been having a terrible time with maskne from them even though I don't wear one often.  There are days I go without having to put one on but then say I grocery shop and I'm out for an hour or so, I end up broken out.  Someone on YouTube said she was having the same problem and found that the 100% silk masks were helping her out but of course those are $40.00 per mask and that is nuts to me.  

As of right now, I've just not found anything comfortable.

Honored Contributor

My favorite is from Soft Surroundings.  They are very full coverage, don't crawl up my face, adjustable straps, super comfortable.

Pricey, but worth every penny.  Also on the dressier side for those who still have to dress for work, which I think I'll need next year.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

My favorite masks are 100% cotton with a metal nose bridge, adjustable ear loops and have a pocket on the inside to hold an extra filter. I got them from Etsy. 

I also found a washable 6-layer mask from another shopping network. It's surprisingly breathable and lightweight. The part which touches my face is 100% cotton. The mask fits my face, has a good seal all the way around with no gaps.

@SilleeMee   HSN or ShopHQ?  These sound nice.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

Tommie Copper by a longshot!  Folds up easily, soft, lightweight, adjustable, nose wire, washes beautifully.  Second favorite, Gap.

That is what DH and I have been wearing.  I bought the first ones on QVC and then saw that HomeDepot is carrying them.  I hand wash ours and hang up overnight.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

My favorite masks are 100% cotton with a metal nose bridge, adjustable ear loops and have a pocket on the inside to hold an extra filter. I got them from Etsy. 

I also found a washable 6-layer mask from another shopping network. It's surprisingly breathable and lightweight. The part which touches my face is 100% cotton. The mask fits my face, has a good seal all the way around with no gaps.

@SilleeMee   HSN or ShopHQ?  These sound nice.

@tends2dogs 

I got the 6-layer mask from ShopLC dot com. The item is 3645318 . Under that number you'll see six different options. The first two are the only ones with the metal nose bridge. None of them have adjustable ear loops but the loops on mine are just the right length plus they stretch nicely.

Honored Contributor

My favorite masks have the adjustable elastic loops. It really doesn't matter what the fabric is...they're not comfortable. The loops are the most important. With glasses and  hearing aids, it's "crowded" behind my little ears.