Respected Contributor

Re: Your favorite childhood cartoons

Houdy Doody. Yes I am that old. Still hum the song sometimes.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Loved cartoons !  Popeye, allHanna Barbera cartoons, Rocky and Bullwinkle, fractured fairy tales. Mr. Peabody and Sherman, Woody Woodpecker and so many more. A misspent  youth for sure. 😆😆

@QVCkitty1 @I just loved Fractured Fairy Tales. 

Edward Everett Horton was the Narrator for Fractured Fairy Tales. I fell in love with him again when I watched the Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movies.

Honored Contributor

Never liked cartoons like Yogi Bear.  I liked Mighty Mouse, Ren & Stimpy, classic Popeye etc. Love Daffy Duck, hated Micky Mouse. Weird....

Contributor

Boris and Natasha from the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I grew up in the 1970's and my favorites were....

Hong Kong Phooey

ABC Saturday Super Star Movie

Super Friends

Jabberjaw

Laff-A-Lympics

The Grape Ape Show

Fat Albert

Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels

Mission Magic - with Rick Springfield

My children grew up in the late 1990's early 2000's and I loved watching with them...

Blue's Clues

Dora the Explorer

Little Bill

The Backyardigans

Wow Wow Wubzy

Respected Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

Anybody remember Ricochet Rabbit? 

I liked Rocky/Bullwinkle & co; had to look up the dog that floated up in the air when he got a biscuit, Quick Draw McGraw’s dog Snuffles 😁. Also, Astroboy, Underdog, Tom Terrific when I was really little. Where were all the female heroes when I was growing up 🤨? 

There was also a show called The Friendly Giant who would show cartoons.  It’s fun to look these old shows up on YouTube. 

BING BING BING!!!  I do Woman LOL

Anyone remember Winky Dink?  There was always a segment where you were told to draw and complete a picture right on your TV screen - you were supposed to have the kit but many kids ruined their parents TV sets.

Also Krazy Kat and Ignat?  Ignat (mouse) was always throwing a large brick thru someone's window?

There was Soupy Sales but he wasn't a cartoon.  Loved him though.

Also the Paul Winchell show with the two puppets - Jerry Mahoney and Knucklehead

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@tucsongal wrote:

I liked Rocky/Bullwinkle & co; had to look up the dog that floated up in the air when he got a biscuit, Quick Draw McGraw’s dog Snuffles 😁. Also, Astroboy, Underdog, Tom Terrific when I was really little. Where were all the female heroes when I was growing up 🤨? 

There was also a show called The Friendly Giant who would show cartoons.  It’s fun to look these old shows up on YouTube. 

BING BING BING!!!  I do Woman LOL

Anyone remember Winky Dink?  There was always a segment where you were told to draw and complete a picture right on your TV screen - you were supposed to have the kit but many kids ruined their parents TV sets.

Also Krazy Kat and Ignat?  Ignat (mouse) was always throwing a large brick thru someone's window?

There was Soupy Sales but he wasn't a cartoon.  Loved him though.

Also the Paul Winchell show with the two puppets - Jerry Mahoney and Knucklehead

Soupy Sales is still on TV. He is on the Retro TV station on Saturday afternoons. I try and watch it when I can, just to "refresh my memory".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Flintstones--Yabba Dabba Do!

download.jpg

The Jetsons---Meet George Jetson, Jane his wife, his boy Elroy, daughter Judy.....

MV5BYmIwY2I1ZGEtYzI3Mi00OTYwLWJkZjktNDQxMDlhMzM3MmU2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc0MzMzNjA@._V1_.jpg

Scooby Do----where are you?

MV5BOWY0NzVkYWItZWZhYi00MTdkLTkyYzktZTlmNDU3NWZhOWZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Top Cat!!! ---He's the most tip top--TOP CAT! 

5BSk1pi8VYketIuPZ4M2AnRChhB.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

@tucsongal 

I remember---Mr. bing bing bing....Ricochet Rabbit...

Ricochet.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Archie & Veronica ... I think that's what it was called.....Betty, Veronica & Archie

****** Tracey 

The Phantom 

Mandrake