Re: Your favorite National Parks?

Grand Teton

Acadia

Yellowstone

Smoky Mountain

Big Bend 

Denali

Crater Lake

Just a partial list of my favorites.  Every one I"ve ever been to has something unique to offer.  

Respected Contributor

Number one by far is the Grand canyon. Pictures don't give you the WOW! It's absolutely amazing.

Also LOVE 

Bryce

Zion

Yellowstone

Yosemite 

Honored Contributor

I didn't put the Grand Canyon on my favorites list because to me, it's just too vast and overwhelming.  I can't grasp it's size and scope.  I prefer scenic wonders to which I can relate.

Yes, it's very much a national park.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The Arches (Utah), Glacier (Montana), Bryce (Utah), Zion  (Utah), Carlsbad (NM), Canyonlands  (Utah), Denali (Alaska). Southern Utah is unsurpassed in natural beauty.  Foreigners know about it; most Americans don't.

I totally agree about Utah.  Before going to Zion, I had never heard anyone talk about Utah as a vacation destination, but, it is absolutely breathtaking.  Another great Utah attraction is Monument Valley (half of which is in Arizona, I believe).  I really feel like Monument Valley is almost spiritual.  It is stunning.

The only other national park I've been to is Acadia, since it's in my neck of the woods.  Beautiful, but I don't think it's as dramatic as the southwest.

Honored Contributor

Sequoia

Kings Canyon

Grand Teton

Yellowstone

Regular Contributor

Yellowstone all day long!

Esteemed Contributor

Acadia

Grand Canyon

Bryce

Zion

Yellowstone

Denali

Honored Contributor

How can there possibly be a number one when our country is SO rich in beauty?  I was reared not far from Chimney Rock.

At least the producers of Last Of The Mohicans thought it was special.

chimney rock north carolina - Google Search

Valued Contributor

I've visited many parks, tent camping, road trips, air travel destinations. Not done yet. Each is special for its own reasons. I collected the Nstional Parks Passport and annual stamps for 10 years which exposed me to more bucket-list destinations. I worked at Yellowstone last year for an amazing sabbatical from real job (the job part was not good, but the hiking and explorations were). So much diversity from seashore parks to Utah etc. Some parks are over-utilized and some are more challenging to really enjoy. Let's get outside!
Honored Contributor

@ECBG  Is that a national park?  I know there is a Chimney Rock National Monument in Colorado but it looks quite different.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment