Trusted Contributor

Re: Your cell phone on Oct. 4th

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

I don't usually get those alerts on my Samsung Tracfone.  I don't know why.  My previous Tracfone, a Motorola, did get them.  There's probably a setting I need to change.  I've searched online for the answer to no avail.  Smiley Sad

Hi @ValuSkr ... If you don't receive this alert on October 4, you should contact Samsung. They should know this! I don't think there's a setting on your phone... it should automatically go off.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I don't usually get those alerts on my Samsung Tracfone.  I don't know why.  My previous Tracfone, a Motorola, did get them.  There's probably a setting I need to change.  I've searched online for the answer to no avail.  Smiley Sad

@ValuSkr  - this is different than the other alerts. The others have options to receive them or not. With the one on the 4th, there are no options. Everyone is supposed to get the alert, even if the phone is not on. It is supposed to also be on TV, computers, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@mormel20   Thanks for the head up.

I guess I better remove my cell phone from my car & turn it on. 

@Mz iMac  No need to turn it on. They promise/threaten that we cannot escape it even if we turn the device off. 

@willdob3 

Sorry, but I'm not following you.  Who is "they"?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   FEMA

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Well, at least it's not going off in the middle of the night.

Esteemed Contributor

Considering Hawaii has the most eleborate alarm systems and "they" failed those people miserably..... waste of resources.

Honored Contributor

National emergency, I wouldn't be surprised.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a cheap Verizon phone. I didn't get the last Nationwide Zombie Alert, either. 🙄

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac   I had to laugh. It sounds that like me, you are not

tethered to your cell phone. I only take mine with me when I leave the house to drive to a  Dr. appointment or some other errand, which is not often.

I have a home phone and that is how people call me and how I make phone calls. There is no one I need to text and I only get my emails on my computer.

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@Mz iMac   I had to laugh. It sounds that like me, you are not

tethered to your cell phone. I only take mine with me when I leave the house to drive to a  Dr. appointment or some other errand, which is not often.

I have a home phone and that is how people call me and how I make phone calls. There is no one I need to text and I only get my emails on my computer.

@Enufstuff  You should get this alert on your computer. Even if it is turned off. Not sure how they are doing that bug time will tell if what they say is correct.