Honored Contributor

Re: Your Rx for a good night's sleep?

@Burnsite wrote:

A dark room, nothing too horrible to ponder while falling asleep, and my new mattress (a Saatva). Plus no cats demanding food every three hours. Usually, I sleep really well if it's quiet and dark in my room.

Once in a while my 2 cats are a bit frantic about food at night, but one of them has a pancreas disorder and is hungry all the time.  Last night he got me up twice for feeding.  12:30 and 3:30.  My alarm goes off at 4. 

He's so good in every other way, and he can't help being hungry all the time.  He has always been like that, which is why he was in a kill shelter and probably why his feral mother rejected him.  And here he is 15 years later, bright eyed and fabulous, but. . . waking me up once in a while.  It's all good.

He's a lucky kitty boy to have had the good fortune of you giving him a home!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just did a quick Google search, confusing, cbd oil is schedule 1 narcotic under federal law.

Honored Contributor

Insomnia comes with lupus.  I use Ambian at times but I tough it out a lot, sometimes getting a couple of hours of sleep, then I'm awake for five hours before I get back to sleep.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Moonchilde I have been wanting to check into that for my dogs, especially the one with cancer. I know many that swear by it for their dogs' pain associated with arthritis and other joint issues and some of the dogs with cancer haven't even had the cancer metastisize even though they were aggressive cancers and they lived many more years than they "should" have. I just haven't made it into a dispensary yet to talk to people about which form to get, etc. 

@HappyDaze

Yes, I see a lot of CBD products for pets! If you google "CBD oil for pets" you'll get lots of info. And you can buy online. If you live in a legal state - I've never seen pet meds in a dispensary. I'm sure holistic vets would either have it or be able to point you in the right direction.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

CBD oil.

@Moonchilde, what is CBD oil?  

The medicinal, non-psychoactive, completely legal in all 50 states, extracted component of cannabis.

If you literally google "what is CBD oil" you will come up with much info. It's used by many people for relaxation, pain relief, and as a sleep aid, among other things.

It can be purchased online without any of the other, more well-known ingredients in it, so that no psychoactive compounds are in it - which is why it can be shipped to any state.

@Moonchilde, I so get that.  I am old "flower child of the 60's.  

@BornToShop, let's just say I was definitely a child of the 60s but never "flowered" back then. Just starting to "bloom" now, very cautiously ;-)

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I take 25 mg of sublingual melatonin every night about 9 pm.  It really helps me deep sleep.

@SeaMaiden, I have no trouble falling asleep around 9pm.  Then I wake up around 12:30-230am.  I need a resolution as to why & what I can do about it.  

@BornToShop  Have you tried melatonin?  I buy source naturals brand  lozenges( sublingual) 5 mg.  I built up to the dose that helped me sleep (25 mg).

I also  like you use to wake up at like 2AM. Now I can sleep until 5 AM.  You could try it and adjust the best dose for you.  They also sell the sublingual in a 2.5 mg dose. You may not need as much as I do. 

I prefer  sublingual over the swallow type as it bypasses digestion and gets absorbed in the mouth into the blood stream better and faster.

Google "Sprayable Sleep." It's melatonin in a skin spray form. It helps me relax to fall asleep, and other members of my family say it lets them sleep for hours.

Honored Contributor

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

I just did a quick Google search, confusing, cbd oil is schedule 1 narcotic under federal law.

Yet it can legally travel the US postal system to all 50 states, and does so daily. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

@Nomorebirthdays

Purified Cannabidiol.

Not to be confused with Cannabis.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@Drythe. Google" is cbd oil against federal law ". The subject was cbd oil, not purified something. The answer is yes it is against federal law, different than some state laws.

Respected Contributor

I take  a tv series I watched a 100 times and have it playing in the background on netflix as I sleep. for some unknown reason it makes me sleep well. There  is a sleep app called relax melodies. i listen to the Urban rain or whit noise and puts me to sleep