Respected Contributor

Re: Your Rx for a good night's sleep?

My high blood pressure meds, a 3 mg melatonin and ear plugs - pretty much works every time. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you for this thread!  I can fall asleep fast but wake up around 12:30 - 1:30am & sometimes cannot fall back asleep.  I am interested in the Bamboo pillows offered in my malls' kiosk.  I think my pillows have a lot to do with it.  

Honored Contributor

CBD oil.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I walk. Exercise always helps me rest better. Good luck. I know the misery of not being able to sleep or stay asleep.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A dark room, nothing too horrible to ponder while falling asleep, and my new mattress (a Saatva). Plus no cats demanding food every three hours. Usually, I sleep really well if it's quiet and dark in my room.

Once in a while my 2 cats are a bit frantic about food at night, but one of them has a pancreas disorder and is hungry all the time.  Last night he got me up twice for feeding.  12:30 and 3:30.  My alarm goes off at 4. 

He's so good in every other way, and he can't help being hungry all the time.  He has always been like that, which is why he was in a kill shelter and probably why his feral mother rejected him.  And here he is 15 years later, bright eyed and fabulous, but. . . waking me up once in a while.  It's all good.

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

CBD oil.

@Moonchilde, what is CBD oil?  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

CBD oil.

@Moonchilde, what is CBD oil?  

The medicinal, non-psychoactive, completely legal in all 50 states, extracted component of cannabis.

If you literally google "what is CBD oil" you will come up with much info. It's used by many people for relaxation, pain relief, and as a sleep aid, among other things.

It can be purchased online without any of the other, more well-known ingredients in it, so that no psychoactive compounds are in it - which is why it can be shipped to any state.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

In warmer weather, I find that sleeping with the ceiling fan on helps...even if the air is on. I like the combination of the little breeze and the sound of the fan. I also turn on the sound machine.

If I exercise a lot during the day, it helps tire me out and I might fall asleep faster. Reading helps, too.

Unfortunately, there are times when I can't fall asleep - no matter what I do. When that happens, I don't feel well for the rest of the day.

Honored Contributor

I take 25 mg of sublingual melatonin every night about 9 pm.  It really helps me deep sleep.

Esteemed Contributor

This sounds like something I would be interested in. 

For me, eating right and and exercising is paramount to sleep.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK