Respected Contributor

Re: Your Opinions: Menu for Costco's $90 Thanksgiving Meal for 8

@Pearlee 

Where is her post?  I don't see it and having lived in England for 5 years, I'd like to know what Dulwich is having.

Trusted Contributor

I thought read somewhere that the food items are actually from Schwann's...

Regular Contributor

Anyone considering this purchase might want to go to Costco and read the reviews for Schwan’s frozen (uncooked) Thanksgiving dinner. There are a significant number of unflattering comments from very disappointed customers. 

Honored Contributor

Just adding this one in, although the price is higher I think and don't recall how many it feeds, BUT  Bob Evans offers a Premium Farmhouse Feast for $124.99, depending what you choose, price might vary too.  One that says it serves 8 is $84.99.  Stop in or see if their web site tells you.  We were on vacation when I found this info out.

Respected Contributor

I think it's a great idea.  For that matter though, it's been possible to buy a fully cooked turkey with the fixings for at least 30 years - I know I did just that for an office Thanksgiving lunch  for my staff  back in the 80's when I didn't want to do all the work myself.

As to different sides, well no one is stopping you for adding to this - or again doing the whole thing yourself.

I don't know why anyone would find fault with this.

Respected Contributor

A fresh Turkey, which I order from the FArmer's Market, is $75. I wish that I could prepare dinner for 8 for $179-