Honored Contributor

Re: Your Opinions: Menu for Costco's $90 Thanksgiving Meal for 8

[ Edited ]

I  have never eaten their food so I can't comment on the taste. The price is very reasonable $11.25 per person. Where can you eat any cheaper than that, and not have to cook it?

Super Contributor

Yes @Flatbush I think it's especially a Godsend for those with disabilities/pain issues. I have a lot of chronic pain myself. Take care.

Honored Contributor

A friend bought a Thanksgiving meal from Whole Foods last year for her family and loved it.  I don't have a Costco near me but I do have a WF.  May check them out this year.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd have to add some dressing.  I think I'd miss that.  It sounds like a nice meal and the price is good.  Cooking for 8 is a lot.

I'd have to work in some appetizers, too, but having the bulk of it done would be nice.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is a good deal, but the only item I would be concerned about is the turkey breast. I have tried a few different boneless turkey breast from other stores, and the texture is very odd to me.  

Honored Contributor

I always worked in the medical field and two times out of many years I had to work Thanksgiving early evening.  I ordered pre-made dinners.  The first one was from Larry's Market (a local chain in the Seattle area at one time).  The meal was delicious.  Several years later I had the same problem and Larry's Market had closed so I ordered it from QFC (Krogers) and it was horrible.   I have heard Whole Foods has a good dinner but have never tried it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ChazzyLady wrote:

Hi @Nancy Drew. I think cost is quite reasonable and agree that Costco has good quality; don't get me started on their cheesecake. Yum!

I have never had a baked item I didn't like from there.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

A take out dinner for 4 at a nice restaurant in my area  is $80. The food is good at this establishment ,but  you are getting far less food ,and variety than Costco is offering

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's good deal! $90 to be able to feed 8 people - love it! As for the menu, it has everything I like....and I can buy a couple of cans of cranberry sauce or fresh cranberries. LOL! And BTW, you do sound a bit judgemental!

Honored Contributor

It's a decent basic menu at a good price for those who do a more traditional turkey dinner. For that price and having all the work done for you, one could surely supplement the meal with a few sides to suit individual preferences. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...