Respected Contributor

That very first "love" of yours do you remember it being happy, sad, good or bad?

I was in my late teens and he was 2 yrs. older.  We had great times and lots of memories.  Unfortunately, he broke up with me and I was devastated.  It took awhile to recover from that.

We caught up on FB a few years back and I thank heaven's he broke up with me.  It turned out to be quite a blessing.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

It was bittersweet and now is a nice memory. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

My first love and my first kiss. He was the boy next door. I have a lovely picture of us together in my grandparents' garden. He was 5 and I was four..............Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Mine was unrequited. 😕

Respected Contributor

@Mersha. your story reminds me of the Garth Brooks song Thank God for unanswered prayers. 

Respected Contributor

@Travone   That is so true!  When I was speaking with him his divorce was just final on his 3rd marriage. Smiley Sad

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Mine was at 16 years old and is a nice memory.  He passed far too young due to a vehicular accident a few years ago.  

Trusted Contributor

You never forget your first love.  Happily married to my hubby for 50 years .  My brother is friends with my first love who has been divorced and married again.  Brother told me he still carries my senior picture in his wallet.

Jessa
Respected Contributor

Thankfully I did not end up with my first love.  He has been married either three or four times.  I see him at class reunions and he has not aged well at all.  I think the stress of his life has caught up with him.😢😢😢

I am thankful for Mr. 4kitties. 💕💕

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I always thought I was in love until I was... with the man I married, 41 years ago. I feel the same way today. 🥰