Respected Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Travel Coffee Mug?

My problem with Tervis is they lids pop off, they don't stay hot for hours, and I hate when I spill my coffee!!! I had a student do it just once, and that is all it ever took for them to know the importance of coffee in my life. It was almost like my kitty died. The first thing I smuggled into my office at the prison was my coffee maker!!!! I drink more at work and have a Hamilton Beach Brew Smart station! I have a Keurig for home! I'm about to make a cup of hot cocoa for an after dinner drink! I'm out of milk, or it would be that.

Now having said that, I can only have clear cups at work, so I do use Tervis since they are clear and do keep the coffee hot much longer than any other cup I could have, so I get them for work. I do like the one with the handles so I can carry it easier as I always have an armful of work! I may need to pick one up since over the course of the time mine has gone from clear to coffee stained. I love that it holds 20oz!

Valued Contributor

So glad I read this thread last Friday. I went to Kohl's for a new hair dryer and just happened to walk by the travel mugs. I got two Contigo travel mugs. They were on sale and I also had a 30% off coupon. Tried them out this weekend and love them. I couldn't believe how hot they kept my coffee. I did pour some hot water it the mug to warm it up and then dumped the water before adding my coffee. Kept it hot for hours and hours. Thanks for the recommendation !!!

Honored Contributor

I stick with the Contigo. If you tip it you don't end up with creamer rotting into your carpet. Nothing smells worse in the summer.

Honored Contributor

I picked up one Contigo travel mug @ WalMart because I can't survive w/o my water! I'll love ok around for a good deal on a couple more. I got the automatic close kind.

My work tote has pockets on each end just the right size for my travel mugs. I love that!

Valued Contributor

On 11/17/2014 marky said:

So glad I read this thread last Friday. I went to Kohl's for a new hair dryer and just happened to walk by the travel mugs. I got two Contigo travel mugs. They were on sale and I also had a 30% off coupon. Tried them out this weekend and love them. I couldn't believe how hot they kept my coffee. I did pour some hot water it the mug to warm it up and then dumped the water before adding my coffee. Kept it hot for hours and hours. Thanks for the recommendation !!!

I didn't even think of looking at Kohl's-tThank u .Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

On 11/17/2014 depglass said:

I stick with the Contigo. If you tip it you don't end up with creamer rotting into your carpet. Nothing smells worse in the summer.

This reminds me of my children spilling something in the car when they were tiny and not finding it til much later.:-0 Perhaps I'll stick with the Contigo brand.Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Hand to God, Hydroflask or Swell Bottle. The duration at which my coffee or tea stays hot is embarassing to contigo (I hate to admit it, but I used to be Contigo SNOB... I was the worst, read; obnoxious).

I had to quick contigo because of the lid! The plastic smelled of the worst coffee smell, it made me sick. It was also a P.I.theA. to clean (regardless of the "new easy clean lid").

Lastly, I wanted something that I could drink my morning brew then easily rinse out and fill with water and have no lingering taste. At one point I was bringing 2 or 3 mugs/bottles to work.

Super Contributor

BTW If yall do continue to purchase Contigo, buy it directly from them at www.gocontigo.com, usually they will have promo codes... if you don't see any go to www.retailmenot.com and type in the website and it will provide promo codes for you. NEVER pay full price ladies ;-)

... I always use retailmenot.com when ordering pizza.... so many coupons, so cheap pizza...

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/17/2014 glmama said:
On 11/17/2014 depglass said:

This reminds me of my children spilling something in the car when they were tiny and not finding it til much later.:-0 Perhaps I'll stick with the Contigo brand.Smiley Happy

My youngest likes fruit a lot. One day, DH took him and his cousin to an amusement park along with some Clementine oranges. They took my car.

My mechanic found an orange stuck underneath the seat when I asked him to find the strange smell during the oil change.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

On 11/17/2014 Go Pokes! said:

Hand to God, Hydroflask or Swell Bottle. The duration at which my coffee or tea stays hot is embarassing to contigo (I hate to admit it, but I used to be Contigo SNOB... I was the worst, read; obnoxious).

I had to quick contigo because of the lid! The plastic smelled of the worst coffee smell, it made me sick. It was also a P.I.theA. to clean (regardless of the "new easy clean lid").

Lastly, I wanted something that I could drink my morning brew then easily rinse out and fill with water and have no lingering taste. At one point I was bringing 2 or 3 mugs/bottles to work.

Costco carries the newer, easy to clean lid Contigo travel mugs now.