Honored Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Non-Dairy Milk Substitute

I used to be a big milk drinker, but when we decided to follow the ketogenic way of eating, I gave it up.  I don't really have a glass of "milk" very much anymore, but when I do use some over my homemade keto granola, it's unsweetened almond milk.

I tried one brand of coconut milk and found it to feel chalky.  I'd like to try macadamia nut milk sometime.

Respected Contributor

The OP is looking for non-dairy. Fairlife (Fairlite?) is real milk.

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

The OP is looking for non-dairy. Fairlife (Fairlite?) is real milk.

I'm the OP I don't mind the recommendation of Fairlife, I recently bought it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We use Premier Protein drinks on our cereal. I like the vanilla and DH likes the Banana one. We both use the caramel one in our coffee. 30 G protein and 1 g sugar. We buy ours at Costco.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

We use Premier Protein drinks on our cereal. I like the vanilla and DH likes the Banana one. We both use the caramel one in our coffee. 30 G protein and 1 g sugar. We buy ours at Costco.

@lovesrecess I do realize I am coming off very badly, I don't like this either!

Honored Contributor

I like SoDelicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk in my coffee.

I like SoDelicious Sweetened for the pancakes my family likes (they're plant based, but don't tell!).

Both are non dairy and organic and readily available.  You can even buy shelf stable of this as I did because of the pandemic.  It's just as good!

I eat my cereal dry.  Weird I know.  Cascadian Farms Raisin Bran, but I take out the raisins.  lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Who is coming off badly? Not understanding where I got lost. Thought OP wanted alternatives to milk for putting on cereal. I have figured out why so many hate almond milk but drink it anyway. 

Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I use plain, unsweetened almond milk (not sweetened or vanilla flavored...a couple times I bought those by accident).  I don't drink it....but use it on cereal and in recipes.  Works for me.

We use that one as well. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have said I'm not crazy about almond milk, I was looking for a substitute. I don't drink milk, I like it in my cereal, so it doesn't have to be that great, the cereal masks the taste. Anyway I tried cashew milk, the consistency is thick, it was just okay. This past week I bought Planet Oat Oatmilk, I have to say this was rather good, it was my favorite of the milk substitutes.

Honored Contributor

I, too, add a dollop of real vanilla ice cream into my coffee.

Also, peanut butter. 

Either together or separately.  Depends on my mood.......

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).