Esteemed Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Memorable Line From a TV Show

@KBEANS wrote:

"Aaaaaaaay!" and  "Correctomundo" The Fonz on Happy Days. 

Didn't they also say "Sit on it!" On Happy Days? (Not Fonzi, but the other characters?  

I don't think I've seen this line yet:

05A658F1-2FA3-4F9B-8DBF-2649C7BDBDF3.jpeg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved that put down that Julia Sugarbaker (in "Designing Women") gave Ray Don Simpson (the man who was trying to pick up Julia and the other ladies in a restaurant):  

“There’s no need for introductions, Ray Don.  We know who you are. You’re the guy who is always wherever women gather or try to be alone.

You want to eat with us when we’re dining in hotels. You want to know if the book we’re reading is any good, or if you can keep us company on the plane.

I want to thank you, Ray Don, on behalf of all the women in the world for your unfailing attention and concern. But read my lips and remember, as hard as it is to believe, sometimes we like talking just to each other, and sometimes we like just being alone.”

Ray Don Simpson (an IRS Audotor) appears again in a later episode, "The Return of Ray Don." 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jerry Stiller to Elaine Benes on Seinfeld:

You sayin' you want a piece of me? 

Try watching the blooper version; it's hysterical!!!

Frank Costanza Seinfeld GIF - FrankCostanza Seinfeld WantAPieceOfMe GIFs

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Here's another one from Everybody Loves Raymond, that l just thought of: Frank is painting the outside of Ray's house. He takes a break, and Ray and Robert take over. Robert is using the power paint sprayer, when Marie walks outside the house unexpectedly. He neglects to turn off the sprayer, and her face gets covered in yellow paint. He is mortified. Then Frank walks out, looks at Marie, and deadpans to Robert, "That could use another coat." Woman LOL

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Here's another one from Everybody Loves Raymond, that l just thought of: Frank is painting the outside of Ray's house. He takes a break, and Ray and Robert take over. Robert is using the power paint sprayer, when Marie walks outside the house unexpectedly. He neglects to turn off the sprayer, and her face gets covered in yellow paint. He is mortified. Then Frank walks out, looks at Marie, and deadpans to Robert, "That could use another coat." Woman LOL

I just saw that scene a few days ago!   it was pretty good as she stood there covered in paint, and when Frank walked by with that perfect deadpan one-liner!  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

I loved that put down that Julia Sugarbaker (in "Designing Women") gave Ray Don Simpson (the man who was trying to pick up Julia and the other ladies in a restaurant):  

“There’s no need for introductions, Ray Don.  We know who you are. You’re the guy who is always wherever women gather or try to be alone.

You want to eat with us when we’re dining in hotels. You want to know if the book we’re reading is any good, or if you can keep us company on the plane.

I want to thank you, Ray Don, on behalf of all the women in the world for your unfailing attention and concern. But read my lips and remember, as hard as it is to believe, sometimes we like talking just to each other, and sometimes we like just being alone.”

Ray Don Simpson (an IRS Audotor) appears again in a later episode, "The Return of Ray Don." 

Julia sure knew how to tell a person off, and look lady-like doing it!

This past season, when RuPaul was hosting on "SNL," he and Cecily Strong imitated Julia.  Really good !!!

Honored Contributor

"And that, Marjorie, just so you will know and your children will someday know, is the night the lights went out in Georgia!", Julia Sugarbaker

"And that, Marjorie, just so you will know and your children will someday know, is the night the lights went out in Georgia!"

Defending Suzanne to the current Miss Georgia World.  Love those big sisters!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@handygal2  - another one from Everybody Loves Raymond, when Raymond gives Marie and Frank a membership in the Fruit of the Month Club. Marie got so crazed over receiving so many pears all at once. I could watch this over and over!

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@handygal2  - another one from Everybody Loves Raymond, when Raymond gives Marie and Frank a membership in the Fruit of the Month Club. Marie got so crazed over receiving so many pears all at once. I could watch this over and over!

@sunala : I love that episode too. A couple of years later, Ray tells Marie he ordered her another gift. She gets very upset, and says "Please, not that darn Fruit of the Month Club again!! No more pears!!" Woman LOL

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

My favorite was not just the line itself but the look on his face when he said it.  "Everybody Loves Raymond"  Marie is arguing to Frank that she is Not Just A Trophy Wife.  He looks at her with this dazed confused expression and says "What Contest in H-E-L-L did I win.?  I laugh every time I even think of the scene.

@beckyb1012  bwaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha Frank was a riot!!