Valued Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Guilty Pleasure Snack Food

battered fresh deep fried shrimp

battered fresh deep fried lobster

battered deep fried onion rings

clam dip made with cream cheese and chips

anything battered and fried (no oven baking)

mmmmmmmmmmm

Super Contributor

@HappyDaze I eat them when extremely stressed...and right now my ex who ran off and married my best friend has me eating then quite often..he is a nut job...wants to pay me $1 a year.... $1 a year won't pay for my gummy bears..won't pay for much of anything.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Oh let's see......

Today's is hummus and I'm using cucumber slices to dip with.  That's the most common.  I have an addiction to hummus....

I also like Trader Joe's popcorn done in olive oil....oh my!

But the two biggies are.....a boutique (vegan) cupcake from Whole Foods or their vegan chocolate chip cookies.

The cookies are HUGE and one is usually enough.  But I always buy two......

The cupcakes are satisfying eating a half at a time....on the same day.

@Lucky Charm my teeth/gums and I very much miss TJ's Olive Oil Popcorn . . . Smiley Sad

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

I'm impressed with all you healthy eaters out there! Good job. Smiley Happy

No way can I narrow down a favorite snack, because I like just about everything, tho have never tried a pork skin. Just can't go there...what if I liked them? Uh-oh!

Back when I worked in the food & bev industry, I fell in love w/ appetizers, & used to think that if I ever got remarried I'd want to have a cocktail and appetizer reception. Lots of delicious little bites!

For me, at dinner parties, sometimes the amuse-bouche is the best part of the meal.

I'm totally with you on the appetizer thing.  I often prefer them to a main entree.

I'm a snacker and grazer by nature.  Several little bites instead of a big meal during the day.  Sometimes the snacks are healthy and sometimes they're not!  

I admit to a Cheetos obsession too. In fact, any cheese-flavored snack. Cheez-its, Goldfish, Pirate's Booty etc etc.  

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

I can't say I ever feel particularly guilty about eating something but I do enjoy really salty foods like Chinese and Mexican which make me bloat up like a balloon!! Snack food I'd go for chips and sour cream and onion dip. 

Respected Contributor

edy's cookies n cream ice cream. Not the slow churned version either, I want the good fat sugary stuff. Lol 

right now, I'm enjoying Sweet Tart jelly beans, 

mcdonalds French fries. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mstyrion 1 ooh cheese-itz, love them.  I rarely get them but I can eat them all day watching tv.  They aren't as cheesy as they used to be, but still good.

I like Lays low salt potato chips too.  

Respected Contributor

swedish fish, munchos and Snyder's BBQ chips,

Esteemed Contributor

@gracie2014 wrote:

@HappyDaze I eat them when extremely stressed...and right now my ex who ran off and married my best friend has me eating then quite often..he is a nut job...wants to pay me $1 a year.... $1 a year won't pay for my gummy bears..won't pay for much of anything.

Condolences, the double whammy. $1. a year. Get ready for court. Doesn't sound like half of anything to me....

Respected Contributor

I can't resist Cheetos either, but I like the crunchy ones. Gotta have that crunch!

I am also obsessed with Haagen Dazs vanilla swiss almond ice cream, caramel popcorn, and salt and vinegar kettle chips.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu