Valued Contributor

Re: Your Dog is Welcome at Macy's

On 9/20/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 9/20/2014 Jeremiah 2911 said:

Get used to it, people... be glad it isn't SNAKES you meet in the store...

The stores allowing dogs inside are doing this because there is no way to stop people from bringing in their pets if they claim that the pet is an EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ANIMAL.

This is paving the way for people to bring in any type of domesticated animal that they please. Stores are not willing to fight over which people have their pets registered as an emotional support animal -- or not.

The pet doesn't have to be trained or do anything special -- just the fact that the pet is accompanying the person qualifies it as an ESA.

One only has to get a "prescription" for an ESA from any licensed mental health professional.

ESA pets can include cats, dogs, mice, rabbits, birds, snakes (SNAKES!), hedgehogs, rats, mini pigs, ferrets, etc.) and they can be any age (young puppies and kittens, too!).

READ MORE: http://www.nsarco.com/emotional-support-info.html#b2

From the vast experience of my friend, it is NOT SERVICE DOGS who are relieving themselves on store floors.

I am sure you are right, .......I was in Lowes the other day, there was a woman with a medium sized dog, he was running around, no leash, she was talking to him as if he were a child......I have wondered about this before, but who is responsible if the pet hurts someone or causes a accident......also who is responsible if the pet gets hurt.....it just seems so much simpler to leave the pet at home, in a safe environment.
Super Contributor

If they can let children in, then they should let dogs in. Plenty of dogs are better behaved than most children.

Honored Contributor

On 9/20/2014 I am still oxox said:
On 9/19/2014 NoelSeven said: I'm not in favor of this at all. A good friend worked in Williams-Sonoma. They begrudgingly let people bring their dogs in. Not everyone is a good dog owner. Dogs frequently were off leash, running around the store, peeing and deficating at will. The employees had to clean up after them. The store that tries to welcome their customers with inviting smells of food, frequently smelled like dog urine and feces. And that doesn't even get into poorly trained dogs around people uncomfortable with dogs. I love dogs, they don't belong in stores unless they're pet stores.

I can not tolerate any animal near food, I find it very annoying when pet owners think its OK to have their dog sit with them when they enjoy a meal at an outdoor cafe

You'd love what I saw at Walmart a couple weeks ago. A woman had an about 3 mo old golden retriever puppy lying quietly in her basket. I'd never take a dog to a grocery store, and she was in the grocery department when I saw her.

Tomorrow I am getting a totally unsocialized purebred collie from a seizure of 139 dogs in the Houston area. She has never even been in a house. I will be taking her lots of places so she can meet people and have different experiences, but she won't be doing grocery stores.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

On 9/20/2014 Jeremiah 2911 said:

Get used to it, people... be glad it isn't SNAKES you meet in the store...

The stores allowing dogs inside are doing this because there is no way to stop people from bringing in their pets if they claim that the pet is an EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ANIMAL.

This is paving the way for people to bring in any type of domesticated animal that they please. Stores are not willing to fight over which people have their pets registered as an emotional support animal -- or not.

The pet doesn't have to be trained or do anything special -- just the fact that the pet is accompanying the person qualifies it as an ESA.

One only has to get a "prescription" for an ESA from any licensed mental health professional.

ESA pets can include cats, dogs, mice, rabbits, birds, snakes (SNAKES!), hedgehogs, rats, mini pigs, ferrets, etc.) and they can be any age (young puppies and kittens, too!).

READ MORE: http://www.nsarco.com/emotional-support-info.html#b2

Lol. I'm jut thinking of what my local Macy's would look like as a zoo. If I want to go to the zoo, I don't go to Macy's. Smiley Happy Sorry, but I think this is all nonsense. A service dog, TRAINED to be in all kinds of environments is one thing. A person wandering around with a snake around their neck is another. Trained service dogs are acceptable in businesses, etc. Other pets are not, and I don't believe that stores will allow this. Unless of course it's a store like PetSmart. But Nordstrom? I don't think so. You can post all the website links you want, and maybe they reflect what some people would like to happen. But that's not real life. Also even with this Macy's topic, nowhere did I see it as company policy on their website. They only officially allow service dogs. Online I have just seen references to people bringing dogs to.the SFO store, and that is not even clear if it's an every day thing or just an occasional special event.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

On 9/20/2014 Opurrra said:

If they can let children in, then they should let dogs in. Plenty of dogs are better behaved than most children.

Nope. Not even a comparison. Unless it's a service dog, I completely disagree.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

On 9/20/2014 brii said:
On 9/20/2014 goldenretriever said:

I owned a retail business for many years, + I've always been a dog owner.

Trust me when I say this- my dogs are cleaner & better behaved than many of my customers were. And my dogs are polite & friendly- unlike many of the people who entered my store.

I don't even know what means. What kind of retail business did you own?

Your customers that were not very well behaved and weren't clean or polite supported your business with their money, not their pets.

If you'd ever worked in a retail store, you would understand what I mean. I could blow you away with stories about the general public (I doubt you would believe me). It was hard for me to believe, & I was there.

Respected Contributor

On 9/20/2014 NoelSeven said:

SOME people love your dog, not everyone.

YOU are not every dog owner. MANY let their dog poop in a store and merely walk away from it, leaving the employees to clean it up.

I owned a retail business for many years, & this is the absolute truth....we had PEOPLE pee & poop in the store, & we had to clean it up. Not to mention vomit, & other things. You have no idea how gross some people can be. Retail isn't easy.

Honored Contributor

On 9/20/2014 brii said:

I owned a retail business for many years, + I've always been a dog owner.

Trust me when I say this- my dogs are cleaner & better behaved than many of my customers were. And my dogs are polite & friendly- unlike many of the people who entered my store.

I don't even know what means. What kind of retail business did you own?

Your customers that were not very well behaved and weren't clean or polite supported your business with their money, not their pets.

If you'd ever worked in a retail store, you would understand what I mean. I could blow you away with stories about the general public (I doubt you would believe me). It was hard for me to believe, & I was there.

Actually, I have worked retail. My family has owned several restaurants, and I grew up in them and working in them. I have some disgusting things that people do, but that was the exception rather than the rule.
Honored Contributor

I would like to see a source that these stores are allowing people to bring in their dogs. I think this was just a baiting thread.
Super Contributor

Macy's does allow dogs but it depends upon where you live. Not all Macy stores allow them.