Esteemed Contributor

Re: Your 2021 calendar....the year of the ????

@songbird -- I hate to admit it, but you're probably correct.  I keep hoping that by next year at this time, the virus will be gone and we won't need masks.    *Sigh*

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

The year of the mask.  Actually also make that the year of the mask for 2022,  That's how much longer COVID19 will be around.  i assumed  this would take about 2 years.  Now perhaps a little long then that.

@songbird 

I’d forget calling it the year of the mask...maybe the year the mask becomes habit. According to experts, the virus isn’t likely to go away. Ever. We need to learn to protect ourselves.

Respected Contributor

Freedom and Democracy for America

Showing a print of our Constitution.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

The year of it's got to be better than 2020 because it was a horror of a year.

@Jordan2 @What makes you think it will automatically have to be better? Without drastic changes, the experts are predicting things will be worse. They say the coming fall and winter could be horrifying.

@willdob3 I’m trying to be optimistic.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

The year of it's got to be better than 2020 because it was a horror of a year.

@Jordan2 @What makes you think it will automatically have to be better? Without drastic changes, the experts are predicting things will be worse. They say the coming fall and winter could be horrifying.

@willdob3 I’m trying to be optimistic.

@Jordan2  Well, maybe it will be better if we survive the rest of the year. At the rate things (everything!) are going downhill, I am afraid to guess what might happen tomorrow...!

Best case scenario, we will all be willing to do the hard work before us to recover (in many ways) next year. That would make for a rough but good year and a wonderful 2022.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

2021, the Year of Simple Pleasures.

The events of this year have made me grateful for the smallest of things.       

Frequent Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

How would you want to label your 2021 calendar?

I'd want mine to be the Year of Healing.

There's so many areas this would cover.  I'd love to do some great watercolors too.  They are soft, muted, and calming.

What would the title be of your 2021 calendar?

I like yours @qualitygal , year of healing. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo   I still feel sad when I think about her response.  We were all encouraging her.....and getting excited for starting second grade....but we just found out her Dad tested positive for COVID.  He has a very mild case.... but the whole family is quarantined and she can not start back to school.  She will miss the first two weeks.     So Her mom just set up a desk in her room with an IPad provided by the school for online instruction.   She seems to be handling things pretty well so far.   We are all staying positive...but praying things will get better soon.   2020 will be a year to remember....Just looking forward to better days in 2021.   

Honored Contributor

In the Chinese calendar 2021 is the year of the OX....

The ox is often a sign of strength as a mascot for many sports teams. Over all, the ox can be seen as symbolizing confidence, power, stability, fertility, determination, and even stubbornness 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@dooBdoo   I still feel sad when I think about her response.  We were all encouraging her.....and getting excited for starting second grade....but we just found out her Dad tested positive for COVID.  He has a very mild case.... but the whole family is quarantined and she can not start back to school.  She will miss the first two weeks.     So Her mom just set up a desk in her room with an IPad provided by the school for online instruction.   She seems to be handling things pretty well so far.   We are all staying positive...but praying things will get better soon.   2020 will be a year to remember....Just looking forward to better days in 2021.   

You have a tender heart, @Mombo1.  She is blessed to have you as her grandmother.   Prayers for her father to be well and strong and for everyone around him to be safe and protected.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova