Honored Contributor

Re: *** Young & Restless Discussion Group Week of March 16th....May Include Spoilers***

I want Daisy back LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: *** Young & Restless Discussion Group Week of March 16th....May Include Spoilers***

This whole 'stuff' of Austin interviewing half the town is so full of it. Summer wouldn't had let him off the leash for all the time it would had taken to interview half dozen people. He couldn't go to the loo without Summer standing at the door. When did he do all this under her nose. The girl didn't go to school or have a job or volunteered all she did was go watch Austin pour drinks, so, when could he had done all that camcording without her being aware of it?

Honored Contributor

All this back story about Austin is contrived... So's the story line about Adam, but somehow it works... The whole thing about the Austin story line is that while it's interesting to speculate about how it'll wrap up, assuming it ever does... and while I personally found him appealing, if he's dead, he's dead... I mean, when all is said and done, will anyone really care all that much? It isn't as though a long standing much loved character's murder was shrouded in all this mystery. I get it that this was a way to bring 'young' Genoa City to the front burner, but really, must we...? Most of them simply aren't interesting and this doesn't make them any more so. Personally, I find Summer, Noah, and his girlfriend amazingly boring and Summer supremely unlikable too...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

I agree, Stevieb! The focus has indeed shifted to the young! Characters like Michael Baldwin can suffer in "silence" with his cancer while the youth get top priority. They could have really strengthened that storyline and missed that opportunity! I want to see good story lines center around the "classic" characters that have helped to shape this show over the years.{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

next week:

Neil is surprised by someone from his past; Jack and Phyllis receive shocking news.

Honored Contributor

As far as 'young' Genoa City goes, I get it that they have to evolve new characters... I get it that some of the long term characters are getting a little long in the tooth to be playing 'romantic leads' and otherwise aren't going to be around forever... They need to be bringing new characters along, but they've just developed them so badly, they continue to be pretty poorly written and the casting has hardly been stellar, in most instances... Ten years down the road, I honestly can't see myself giving a tinker's darn about Summer or Noah or Kevin... or Noah's girlfriend (I don't even know her name, and that says something...) and really, that's what soaps are all about. Most of us have long-term 'relationships' with some of these characters, based on them having been interesting years ago. Personally, I think they blew it by choosing to kill off Austin. At least he looked like an adult and I could have seen them developing him into either a Victor like villain or into a 'good guy'... I don't see that potential with the rest. I also think Abby has potential, as does Mariah, should they ever choose to make her more than one dimensional..., but again, the remaining crop could easily drop out of sight and no one would even notice...

Honored Contributor

Snark Faith

I was on the throne when I heard Faith was on LOL I hurried it up and ran into the living room and broke my neck looking up at the wall. LOL

this kid just can't snark as well as the original. If Sage thinks she'll ever be accepted with Faith they will both be dead in the grave by then. At least Sage can't birth any more of Nick's snarkies. Oh wait a minute she will be preggers by a ""miracle"" this time next yr. probably. It's something in the Genoa City water that makes everybody fertile no matter their health or age.

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Sharke said:

This whole 'stuff' of Austin interviewing half the town is so full of it. Summer wouldn't had let him off the leash for all the time it would had taken to interview half dozen people. He couldn't go to the loo without Summer standing at the door. When did he do all this under her nose. The girl didn't go to school or have a job or volunteered all she did was go watch Austin pour drinks, so, when could he had done all that camcording without her being aware of it?

Yep, now the REAL mystery isn't who axed sweet Austin, it's how and when he found the time to mess around with Abby and to go into video overdrive, Summer being essentially like his Siamese twin...

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/19/2015 stevieb said:

As far as 'young' Genoa City goes, I get it that they have to evolve new characters... I get it that some of the long term characters are getting a little long in the tooth to be playing 'romantic leads' and otherwise aren't going to be around forever... They need to be bringing new characters along, but they've just developed them so badly, they continue to be pretty poorly written and the casting has hardly been stellar, in most instances... Ten years down the road, I honestly can't see myself giving a tinker's darn about Summer or Noah or Kevin... or Noah's girlfriend (I don't even know her name, and that says something...) and really, that's what soaps are all about. Most of us have long-term 'relationships' with some of these characters, based on them having been interesting years ago. Personally, I think they blew it by choosing to kill off Austin. At least he looked like an adult and I could have seen them developing him into either a Victor like villain or into a 'good guy'... I don't see that potential with the rest. I also think Abby has potential, as does Mariah, should they ever choose to make her more than one dimensional..., but again, the remaining crop could easily drop out of sight and no one would even notice...

Well said. Now we are left to see how the writers wiggle out of this web of on going nonsense.