Esteemed Contributor

Re: Young Me is Giving Old Me a Good Talking To!

A man I know doesn't tell people goodbye -- instead he says - Keep Moving!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I thank you all for your positive responses! You prove we're all in the soup together. If we can help just one or two of us readjust our attitudes towards aging then we're making progress and helping each other in our sisterhood. We need to stand together and be the best "me" and the best "us" we can be.

And @sidsmom, love it! NewNewBelle has a great ring to it! When I change my nic, you get 100% credit! I appreciate you all more than you know. Peace, LuLu (aka NewNew)!
Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  You reminded me of the last time I was on a bike. I was in the bike shop looking for a bike for my Granddaughter  several years ago. I didn't know what size so told the salesman that she was a bit shorter than me. 

So I tried to just straddle the bike to see how it fit and, WHAM! The bike & I tumbled to the showroom floor. It was very embarrassing. 

I just laughed it off and told him I thought the bike was a good fit and bought it.  Then I came home and put lineament on my leg! 

I haven't been on a bike since!

When my Granddaughter saw it Christmas she said: " I can't ride that, it has two wheels". I told her I couldn't ride it either, but she could. 

You are being brave riding, do be careful. Falls happen so fast!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NewNewBelle....love your post.  The older I get, the younger I get.  I love that you are taking risks and trusting yourself.  I think that as we age, we realize that we don't have forever on this planet. We begin to explore our life long dreams and manifest our authentic self.  Enjoy that bike and all your new found freedom!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love your post. Actually, I've thought of getting a bike. I mean, like why not?  I can totally relate. I'm sure that BOTH old you and young you are perfectly nice people.

Happy Holidays!

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

Interesting comments .....  however, I hope old me is acknowledged for the wisdom and insights she has gathered over the years .....  don't sell all that life experience short.