Honored Contributor

Re: Young Me is Giving Old Me a Good Talking To!

I would say that the young me and old me are one in the same.  Yes, as we age we do slow down some but you have to think positive and be optimistic and I believe you will live a good life.  I am speaking of myself.  It is also good to have a pet to love.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Keep moving and smiling Lulu--Enjoy every minute.

I figure my bones will heal and if somebody doesn't smile back- Shame on them-

Love the reference to Ruth Buzzy- My old self forgot about her- she was a riot!

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2, great post!  I have recently become very active in some community groups which I am enjoying.  I keep physically active with a purpose.  I love to garden, I swim most days of the week and I firmly believe that you have to keep moving as you age.  Go @Its Me LuLuBelle2!  LM

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2,

Love your post, I can relate,

https://textimages.us/enjoy-your-day/enjoy-your-day01/enjoy-your-day-027.gif

Respected Contributor

I read your post and thought she is talking about me.....I made so many mistakes in life that I don't trust myself anymore.  I am so afraid to do anything for fear it will be wrong.  I worry about everything, even things I have no control over.   I have been so disappointed with friends and family that were great as long as I was doing for them but when roles reversed they were busy so I just don't want to put myself in the position of being hurt anymore.  I had an old acquaintance (don't use the friend term much anymore) tell me she always admired my fearlessness to do and try things.

Hard to believe that was me....

Esteemed Contributor

For me, it is old me forgiving and understanding young me.  It has given me peace.  If possible amends can be done too.

Respected Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 .... I wish the older me could go back and give the younger me some advice.  I was painfully shy as a kid, and held myself back from doing all the things I should have and having all the great experiences you should in life.  Now, in my 60s, I want to grab every opportunity before it's too late.  Hang on tight, it could get a little bumpy!  But, I don't want to go out regret not going for it while I can.

Thanks for your post!

Frequent Contributor

What a wonderful process!!!!!   Young me has always been the ONE in my  family to take care of everybody else.   Old me  (slow walking 70) is still doing the same thing.   But the old me is tired.   It became my job as a young girl.......and it has never let up.  I wonder  why no one else ever feels the need to help me, or reconize everything I do.   I guess reading your conversation to yourself,  encouraged me  to have a conversation  with myself.  I am going to try to step outside the "caregiver" role I have always had to do something for me.  I have never been able to do one thing on my "bucket list" and maybe, just maybe,  that will change.  Thank you for such a thought provoking and conversation making idea!!!!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It’s a brand new LuLuBelle!

A NewNewBelle!

Trusted Contributor

Young me would never talk up and defend myself. I would let people walk all over me and I would never say a word to them. The old me I sometimes get myself into trouble because I speak up to much. I finally learned to say no in my life and it has offended some of my friends and family members. I guess you could say I have burned a few bridges because I will not let no one walk on me anymore. Doing this has made me look at myself thinking what is  the matter with you keep quiet! I can’t I have been hurt so much through the years that now it’s my turn to speak my mind. I sometimes have to laugh because I have a bucket list and some of my relatives cannot wait in till I kick the bucket because they think they are going to land up with a lot of money. I’m going to fool them.  I am going to live to be 100 then I am  gonna die broke! LOL