Valued Contributor

Young Me is Giving Old Me a Good Talking To!

[ Edited ]

Young me was outgoing and never met a stranger, only friends she hadn't met yet!  Old me has become shy - almost to the point of painful.  It's easier for old me to come chat here as we don't "know" one another and aren't face to face.  Well young me is sick and tired of it and pushing (somewhat successfully) old me to do better socially.

Young me took chances.  Old me is almost afraid of her own shadow.  Well young me got old me back on a bicycle about 2 years ago. My husband said, "old woman, you're going to hurt yourself!"  I got to the end of the driveway, turned left, and yep, fell right over like Ruth Buzzie and DH saw it all.  Well I couldn't let hubbie know he was right, so I got back on and fell about 6 more times out of his line of vision.  Guess what?  I haven't broken anything and now cycle almost daily, AND, as an added bonus, haven't fallen in a long time!

Young me cared about others and what went on around her, but knew she couldn't change the world and didn't lose sleep over what she had no control over.  Old me takes everything to heart, frets and worries.  Well young me reminded old me that old me volunteers, loves and cares for her family and friends, helps others and does what old me can to make her corner of the world a better place.

I hope young me sticks around awhile to help old me be a better me.  LuLu

Respected Contributor

Re: Young Me is Giving Old Me a Good Talking To!

I enjoyed your post.  Sometimes I feel the same way about myself.  Thanks for sharing. 

Respected Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

I love your post !

I can sure relate,....good for you for all you are doing to 

Keep yourself balanced , pun intended 😉

Valued Contributor

@Catty2and @Azcowgirl, thank you for your kind words.  And Miss Arizona cowgirl - don't be jinxin' me girl!  Just cuz I haven't taken a spill recently doesn't exempt me in the future - lol!  Thanks again gals.  Best, LuLu

Respected Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

No “jinxin”  I promise, only admiration 🙂 from 

this gal, who took a tumble and hasn’t gotten back

on since 😔.

I messed up my hand and had trigger thumb that they told me needed surgery, but It gradually just resolved itself over time.

My bike is in the garage mocking me . One of these days maybe I will get up the courage to  show it who’s boss 😉.

Valued Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

No “jinxin”  I promise, only admiration 🙂 from 

this gal, who took a tumble and hasn’t gotten back

on since 😔.

I messed up my hand and had trigger thumb that they told me needed surgery, but It gradually just resolved itself over time.

My bike is in the garage mocking me . One of these days maybe I will get up the courage to  show it who’s boss 😉.

@Azcowgirl, ah, I'm sorry to hear about your injury, but glad you seem to have healed.  Can you ride somewhere where there's grass and or soft places should you take a tumble?  Believe me, I know how scary those falls are.  At 65 I know if I take a bad fall and break something it won't heal as fast as it would at 25.  Be safe my friend.  LuLu

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 ya only go 'round once, girl!

Live it like you mean it 😚

Trusted Contributor

While I don’t want you to hurt yourself, you’re funny. I’m an ‘old woman’ too and hurt myself just moving around the house.

Old Age….ain’t it fun?!

Valued Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

While I don’t want you to hurt yourself, you’re funny. I’m an ‘old woman’ too and hurt myself just moving around the house.

Old Age….ain’t it fun?!

@Malcontent, LOL!  Growin' old ain't for sissies - that's for sure, but it beats the hell out of the alternative!  LuLu

Trusted Contributor

You know, my father (long past) used to say the same thing you just said to me.

I am Forever Grateful to you Dear Woman.

You actually helped me tonight.

Thank You.