Honored Contributor

Re: Young Lion Leaving His Pride

They'll be loners for a while.  If there is another male brother in the pride, they will travel together.  A large group of male lions without prides are called normally A Collection of Lions.  It's a temporary situation.  They travel in groups.  If they encounter females, they will have to fight among themselves to get a pride.

Are they...? - Baamboozle

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

They'll be loners for a while.  If there is another male brother in the pride, they will travel together.  A large group of male lions without prides are called normally A Collection of Lions.  It's a temporary situation.  They travel in groups.  If they encounter females, they will have to fight among themselves to get a pride.

Are they...? - Baamboozle

Beats the sight of behemoth vehicles any day.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Here's the update on the tiger in Houston---He was found safe...thank God! 

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK/CNN Newsource/WKRC) - A 9-month-old tiger missing for nearly a week has been found safe.  The big cat, named India, is being held at the city's animal shelter.  Authorities say it appears unharmed. The tiger's owner notified the shelter that she wanted to turn it in.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I read that and saw a video of the wife of the arrested owner (who was out on bail for murder) feeding him by bottle right before he was surrendered.

He will now live happily and cared for in a Wildlife Rescue sanctuary with his kind!

Happy Day!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Almost all prides have two brother lions sharing the pride. Sometimes 3 or more.  They peacefully share breeding rights to females, and protects the pride.  To prevent in breeding males leave, but females stay.  And brother lions stay together for life. Lions are extremely social animals and they are capable of dying from loneliness. 

Esteemed Contributor

Well they may not have emotions but they are beautiful creatures and when I was in Africa I was emotional at my first encounter with these magnificent beasts.