Honored Contributor

Young Farm Boy-- Innocence, Delight, Gratitude

In case you missed this-- it is the sweetest.  Father rewards a hardworking 9 year old:

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/young-cubs-fan-emotional-receiving-surprise-tickets-wrigley/story?id...

Honored Contributor

Re: Young Farm Boy-- Innocence, Delight, Gratitude

Cute!  Strong work ethic which is great but one can grow up to be a workaholic too.

Just wondering with all of his hard work, being an honor roll student, on two baseball teams...one is a travel team (my son did little league and it took up a huge amount of time), chores on the farm, 4H club will he have time for the big game?  

Honored Contributor

That is a special child.I am sure his family is proud.I don't know any children who work that hard but maybe farm life ihas different expectations.Thanks for posting that sweet story.

Esteemed Contributor

I do not know who is crying more, the young boy or me, what a special young man, I see a very bright future for him!

Honored Contributor

They should run it for the majority of school kids who don't want to do nothing , but, holler "give me".

Honored Contributor

@Oznell very cute...I am teary-eyed!  I love the pig snort in the background too!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Trusted Contributor

And the Cubs are giving him a pass to watch batting practice on the field.  Very nice move, Cubbies.  I'm sure he will get to meet a lot of the players.

Esteemed Contributor

What a sweet thoughtful child!!

Honored Contributor

MickD, I love that you picked up on the pig snort--  I loved that too!

Respected Contributor

I was thinking, as I watched the video, that this is a moment that both Dad and Kolt will remember the rest of their lives and will influence Kolt when he becomes a Dad.

God bless Dad's like his.